mayonnaise !

carrot

hi, i took off the flywheel cover today and a bit of watery mayonnaise gunk ran out and some was splattered on the inside of the cover !! i have had the bike a while but its the first time i have taken the cover off.....i dont ride in deep water....is this normal???. if it helps its an 08 250 txt.

thanks very much

hi, i took off the flywheel cover today and a bit of watery mayonnaise gunk ran out and some was splattered on the inside of the cover !! i have had the bike a while but its the first time i have taken the cover off.....i dont ride in deep water....is this normal???. if it helps its an 08 250 txt.

thanks very much

WHAT in all 4 of them ???? seriously if its running ok ,, give it good clean spray some wd40 or similar inside, leave the cover of and run it for a few minutes ,then put it back together should be fine ,probaly due to washing , hope this helps.

WHAT in all 4 of them ???? seriously if its running ok ,, give it good clean spray some wd40 or similar inside, leave the cover of and run it for a few minutes ,then put it back together should be fine ,probaly due to washing , hope this helps.

I suggestyou may have a bigger problem, that Mayonnaise is probably emulsified oil, ie mixed with water which means you have a blown seal or gasket allowing water and oil to mix somewhere in your engine. I'd get that properly checked before you ruin your engine

I suggestyou may have a bigger problem, that Mayonnaise is probably emulsified oil, ie mixed with water which means you have a blown seal or gasket allowing water and oil to mix somewhere in your engine. I'd get that properly checked before you ruin your engine

My guess too. Could be a bum seal so it would be a good idea to take off the flywheel and check. There also is a case capscrew that has a copper washer on it (upper right-hand I think) to seal an oil passage and there is a rare chance that might be leaking.

Jon

Oil can get in from the bolt which is at the 2 oclock postion. This has a copper washer and seals of gearbox oil, as does the mains seals as they are gearbox feed, but have two seals one on mains and one on the the case.

I would expect some water to get into the case over a period so would just clean it and check before jumping in unless is really bad.