so what's the best option ??

need to clean out the exhaust system on my bike

ive repacked the rear silencer

but have yet to attempt the front end or mid section

seems to be a bit of conflicting advise kicking about

caustic soda/brake fluid/petrol,burn it out, dont burn it

so what's the best option ??

[/

try a can of coke it eats carbon deposits for lunch not sure it will be the best stuff but no other ideas sorryquote]

I cleaned the front pipe by heating one end with a blow torch to get the carbon burning then kept it going by blowing air through it with a hairdryer. When you get it right it is amazing to see a red glow travel the full length of the pipe kicking out black smoke at the other end as it creeps along the pipe. Mine was spotless after this.I wouldn't do this onthe mid section as it could burn away any mesh etc

Edited by Anotherfive

I cleaned the mid section on mine by filling with kerosene and setting it alight until it burned all the oil out, then i took it to work and put it in the parts washer to give it a good clean but you could do the same by after it's been alight fill with jizer or some alternative degreaser (gunk etc) and give a good scrub with that and a flexy bottle brush then finnish off by blasting it all out with a pressure washer. I did this and also Shot blasted the paint off and resprayed it with high temp paint as setting it onfie did not do the original paint any favours. Mine had course S/S mesh inside so no harm done there. Mine's an 03 by the way so i'm not sure if other years had different insides.