Rear Disc Guard

caddabs

Hi all - struggling to find a replacement rear disc guard for my 2000. Does anybody know where to get one or whether any other make or model will fit? usually get bits from Splatshop but they are 2007 onwards. will they fit a 2000?

many thanks

Caddabs

Whoops ! sorry i was thinking of rear sprocket guards!

As i remember, my 2000 sherco didnt have a disk guard :huh:

The newer ones probably wont fit as the calliper on them sits behind the swingarm, where as yours, i believe, sits on top.

Edited by coriolis

Thanks Corriolis - There appears to be a hanger with bolt holes on the swinging arm on the disc side - my stand is whacking the disc and scoring it and i think a disc guard would act as a rest for the stand. Not sure if the new(er) Sherco ones will fit or whether anything off another bike could be adapted?

Cheers

caddabs

Thanks Corriolis - There appears to be a hanger with bolt holes on the swinging arm on the disc side - my stand is whacking the disc and scoring it and i think a disc guard would act as a rest for the stand. Not sure if the new(er) Sherco ones will fit or whether anything off another bike could be adapted?

Cheers

caddabs

Ah...thats right, its all flooding back to me!

Yeah they had a hanger, similar to the disk side one, yet they never made or supplied a guard !

I think i made one out of ally once, looked terrible, but did the job !

As most bikes have the small calliper behind the swingarm now, you will probably have to look at older bikes to see if they have one that will fit.