Trials Health Risk

timp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gasgastxtpro

heh heh marky g.

Havnt had a problem with this myself, apart from once when someones exhaust seemed to have some sort of bobby on the end which directed smoke up and to the right, in otherwords where i was... whoever it was get it sorted.

Good idea though, but if it became a rule there would be a lot of owd buggers garn, way watll it beh next lad mudgaurds all aroundt wheel!

Like crafty pig says goodwill.

Rich

Guest gasgastxtpro

Oh i dont know about that james.

Front pipe stays warm for a while, especially if the dam things lying on top of you in a dam gill bottom... mumble mumble grumble...

I applaud R2W for stating what I was thinking after reading the first post. I just started reading this thread and was amazed at how long it took for somebody to suggest just asking the person nicely to shut the bike down.

I agree we need to be respectfull and considerate of others that we compete with. Otherwise we lose the "friendly" part of friendly competition. But I don't think that making rules about common sense conduct while waiting at a section will solve anything. It's too close to "I'm gonna tell Mom on you!"

Just my opinion

If I am way back in the queue I always switch my engine off. More so for saving fuel, because sometimes it is a long way back to the van. I think it is the kids that are the most culprits. They love to sit their really reving the engine to see who can make the most smoke. Like it has been said, just ask the person if they would mind switching off till the guy in front has gone through the section, I think most people would do so.

Another thing that annoys me is when someone in front spins the back wheel and causes mud, etc. to fly up in your face. They never apologise. May be I am always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, I don't know how to do it so I can't get my own back.

To be fair on this topic it didn't suggest a rule where you get a 5 mark penalty or exclusion for it. No reference was made to what you do in a lift or anything about lighting a fag up or turning your car off in a queue on the road. If you look in the ACU handbook there are loads of things that most of us would think common sense but are rules, eg drug use, long sleeved shirts, tyre size, the size of the round end on your levers etc. I haven't heard of anyone being penalised for flouting these rules. Beginners look in the handbook for guidance to what is right and wrong. That is what I was suggesting. Not instant exclusion or a firing squad.

Up on the moors above Skipton a bit of exhast fumes isn't even worth a mention but in a little stream in a wood on a still day with riders crammed together queuing it can be a problem. It may not cause someone to roll up and die there and then! Perhaps the gasses arn't harmfull. I leave that to others who know better.

95% of riders are considerate but the few that are not need a bit of guidance thats all. Eg; Some will not know that route marking between sections in some circumstances must be followed till the club secretary has to announce that the land was lost because a few riders didn't realise.

Just guidance

ishy says .....

Surge, are you riding the SSDT, if so don't get off thi bike t light thi fag, or you'll time out at the first bloody group :D

:ph34r::D;):P:P:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

isay ... sumat yer keepin under yer hat boyo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......falls off chair !!!

Edited by lastplacebrad

Guest gasgastxtpro

Manx Lass, i hate that too, i think what you got to do is, front brake on and rev, and stand putting weight on the front... but dont go trying it before someone who knows has confirmed that!!!

Rich

Well reading this posting I had ta tek a look at calendar !!

No it's not April me says.

Ya bloody wimps, I can NOT honestly believe that grown men are

asking for GOD (The ACU) to help them out,

You get more noxious gasses thro your car window/ ventilation system

per hour than you will ever get at a trial.

Move up to a harder course so you may have to get more litres of fresh

air thro thi lungs when tha gets stuck or as t' lift bike out. That will flush out that little bit of "smelly stuff" ya got in whilst waiting.

GET REAL.

PERHAPS THE WARNING SIGN MIGHT READ:

MOTOR SPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS

Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions

unavoidable breathing in of fumes from another motorcycle

can happen!

However if yours is a clean machine please go straight to

the FRONT of the que and wait there.

Organisers will take care to ensure all queing traffic is to face upwind.

:ph34r:

I'm with Stuart on this one, grow up and smell the petrol! the amount of fumes is minimal. Modern engines tend to burn the stuff that would do you harm and you probably do more harm by pouring the petrol/oil mix anyway. The aromatics you smell is more harmful. The only smoke comes from the oil which is synthetic anyway! Hence no harm done again. Always amuses when a guy puffing away on a rollup complains. :ph34r: