Fantic 200 Front Wheel Spacers & Spindle

johnh

I have a fantic 200 which has Bultaco front wheel and forks fitted. I have managed to get a set of Fantic 200 forks and wheel. All I need now is the spindle and any spacers if required. Does any one know where I can get said items from?

Cheers

John

Try

Bill Fantic pye. 01642 722378 or

Bob wright.01934 510333.or Try

Lee Harris who knocks around this site sometimes.

You only need 1 spacer that sits on the right,if you have the right speedo drive you can use that as it was originaly the spacer.

• 7 years later...

I just bought my Fantic 200 and came across my first little difficulty in the garage today. Having done a very muddy trial the other day I took the front wheel out to check the brake and clean all the crud out. On reassembly I put it back with the spacer on the right (see bilco's post above) but the wheel is not central. The rim is about 3mm offset (30mm clearance to left fork leg and 36mm to right). Also the clearance between the brake lever and the fork leg is only about 2mm which seems uncomfortably close. I'd already worked out that the spacer is a substitute for the speedo drive (as bilco's post). On the face of it, it looks like the RH spacer should be smaller, and there should be a small spacer on the left, but that doesn't agree with bilco, nor does it seem a logical way of designing the bike. Any thoughts, guys?

It's been a while but I think that the "spacer" on the right (throttle side) was originally the speedo drive. I thought there was a spacer on the left (clutch side) too. I can check tonight and update if it helps.

Yes, the spacer is a substitute for the speedo drive but what happens on the right side doesn't affect wheel location as the stepped part of the wheel spindle just finds it's natural place and is then clamped in the fork leg.

I've confirmed with Bob Wright that there shouldn't be a spacer on the left; the brake backplate just bolts up against the fork leg. I'm wondering if someone in the past history of the bike has modified the backplate to move everything over a bit, though I can't think why. At the moment my plan is to insert a washer between the backplate and the fork leg and bolt it up that way. A standard Form A washer is 2.5mm so that will get it just about exactly in place. Unfortunately it might leave me a little bit short of thread on the end of the spindle. There seems to be an internal thread in there though so I may try putting a set screw and washer in the end as a precaution.

Thanks maggar. It would be helpful if you could have a look for me and tell me what yours looks like.

• 2 weeks later...