05 Frame, can I upgrade?

jonnybmac

Well, My 05 frame is abent a little, and I can go through the issue of either straightening it, clearning it up and putting it back together, or getting a new one. While I'd see it as a huge loss getting another of the same frame, Can I not like say get an 07 frame? And if so, what else would I need to change in order for it all to fit?

Well, My 05 frame is abent a little, and I can go through the issue of either straightening it, clearning it up and putting it back together, or getting a new one. While I'd see it as a huge loss getting another of the same frame, Can I not like say get an 07 frame? And if so, what else would I need to change in order for it all to fit?

a 1999 frame on e-bay buy it now 50 quid a little older but a quick cheap fix...

search item number 250744533310 good luck

Sorry Gents but that's an old GAS GAS frame ... don't bid!!! :unsure:

If you take your time to can get the parts off of eBay and make the upgrade affordable but it will be hard to get an >06 fuel tank from eBay.

The frame would also be hard (but not impossible) to find. Your best chance would be an early 06 frame as many were changed under warranty for 07 frames so there'll be spare ones kicking around somewhere. If you get an 06 frame you'll need to have it strengthened before you fit it. It's shame your on the other side of the world to me as I have a spare one in my garage.

Best of balance.

Neo