Cota 4rt 05 Clutch modification

senf2

Hi, another route to consider is replacing only the steel clutch plates with the dimpled ones from Jitsie. Cheaper than the Mitani route. It worked for me to point where I didn't feel I needed to change anything else.

"The Jitsie steel clutch plates have a special design similar to the look of a golf ball. This improves the oil flow between the clutch plates, hence making the clutch a lot more progressive and easier to control. An absolute must have for the Montesa 4RT owners."

Best regards!

4RT advise from one who can't tell the difference between a fake 4RT the real thing

The bigger Master Cyl does make it more progressive.

For your information, Before you start ranting, My dad used to own a 05 4RT a few years ago & the clutch was a bit on/off & the Mitani clutch plates definatly helped, The larger master cylinder also did.

i just bought a cota 4rt 05. The clutch is like on/off. Someone told me to install the bigger AJP Master/Cylinder. But my intention ist that this makes it much worse. (Bigger Cylinder = More liquid). Or i am wrong?

Only the reservoir is larger, the bore is the same. The functional difference is the geometry of the lever.

• 2 weeks later...