? evo engine

quert

hi you lads :icon_salut:

just changed me bike from a 94 gasgas 250 to a 09 evo 250, And having problems with the way the power comes in realy slow and smooth . The gas gas was a bit more instant and willing . Any ideas on how to make it more responsive and more willing to rev quicker ? <_<

dont get me wrong the bike runs well and revs out with plenty of power but the power at the bottom end is to flat!!!

Any ideas please :icon_salut::rolleyes:

just changed me bike from a 94 gasgas 250 to a 09 evo 250, And having problems with the way the power comes in realy slow and smooth . The gas gas was a bit more instant and willing . Any ideas on how to make it more responsive and more willing to rev quicker ? <_<

dont get me wrong the bike runs well and revs out with plenty of power but the power at the bottom end is to flat!!!

have you checked if it has a slow or fast throttle on it? if it has a slow one on change it for a fast one. simple and cheap

Gday, no, not reeds. Do what the guys said above, if it still doesnt suit, check and clean the exhaust system. After that, all you can really do is get a 290. It is highly unlikely there is a problem with the bike unless someone has been "adjusting" it. Mine is as a sharp as a tack and I have the slow throttle on it...Thats just me I guess :-)

Cheers,

Stork

Gday, no, not reeds. Do what the guys said above, if it still doesnt suit, check and clean the exhaust system. After that, all you can really do is get a 290. It is highly unlikely there is a problem with the bike unless someone has been "adjusting" it. Mine is as a sharp as a tack and I have the slow throttle on it...Thats just me I guess :-)

Cheers,

Stork

cheers that man what is the best way to clean out exhaust system? will i have to repack back box????

Gday - have a look through the Beta threads, there are many posts on cleaning the exhaust. Repacking the muffler is a good idea - over time all 2-strokes build up carbon and goop in the exhaust from the oil in the fuel. Getting the exhaust clean greatly affects performance. Good luck, its not hard to do.

Cheers,

Stork

I found the same about the EVO 250 VS 250 Gas Gas. This is why i purchace the Titanium Header Pipe (OEM),it increase the torque and power is more like a gas gas with this addition and it is also lighter than stock. I have a used one for sale.

no not yet what exactley for ??? conection ??

I'm guessing you already know this, but If you didnt know it is a two position switch which on position one should provide slightly more bottom torque and pickup and a flatter mid to top pull. Position two is slightly softer on the bottom until the midrange where the motor pulls harder thru to the top. Where I ride is mostly dry and plenty of grip so our U.S. spec bikes dont have an extra flywheel weight bolted on to the main flywheel. Like the previous poster mentioned if you remove the extra flywheel your motor will spoolup quicker. If your riding conditions require the extra flywheel you can install a Boyeson power wing in the carb intake and it will make the motor much stronger below 3/8 throttle. You can also remove a tooth from the counter shaft sprocket or add the titanium torque pipe. I hear that V-force reeds perk up the Beta motor very good from bottom to top. If you dont slip the clutch much you can also learn to slip the clutch more while holding the RPM up a little. You have many options availiable to add more pickup and power to the motor.

Edited by Liviob