How/When did you get started?

ihaterocks

I grew into trials, I learned at an early age that cross-training for trials helped with overall skills, whether riding my bicycle or my motorcyle, I was mostly interested in cross country racing or Enduros at the time, by the time I was 18 years old I enjoyed the cross training so much I bought my first trials bike, I was hooked, that was 30 years ago.

1980 :o after a period of Karting, a mate bought an old OSSA and I had a few goes and got hooked, packed up when I discovered Beer and *****, started again in 96 packed up in 2000 to go road racing and Hare and hounds started again in 2006.

Edited by The Addict

I had a Honda C100 steppy at 8yrs,BSA Bantam at 10 - always liked the idea of trials but thought it was out of reach...

Then I swapped a plunger BSA B31 for a silver engined Beamish in 1984.Been competing on and off ever since.

I have to say that since 2006 when I started again after a few years off the twinshock and pre65 has really got hold of me.I enjoy it far more than I ever did riding modern.I used to get the enjoyment out of thinking over the trial AFTER the event - now I like the whole lot,marking out,pi-- taking,riding - basically the whole bit. :thumbup:

Being the youngest of 7 in my family and growing up in an area dominated by sidecar motorcross, i was always the one slung either on the back of a solo or in the chair of the sidecar, and now fast approaching mid 40s i thought it best i learn how to handle the bars, but not horsing around in motox so have recently bought an old aprilia tx to see if i like it before i splah out anything more costly.... and i am loving it !!!

My dad was a pretty good rider through his riding days he had to stop riding from about 68 to 76 for money reasons but when he bought a bulto again in 76 you'd think he'd never been away....old git!! :icon_salut:

Anyway, been around trials my whole life first Scottish, I wasn't born but the old man was riding (1966), apparently my mum complained all week about being pregnant and chasing round the Scottish all week - SACRILEGE!! Even when he wasn't riding we'd be at a trial or a scramble every weekend so it's in the blood. I bought a bike as soon as I could afford it, i've had Ossas, an Armstrong a lovely TLR 250 Honda and now my Beta. I don't get to ride much but that's due to work not the lack of desire to ride, mind you I'm garbage at this trials nonsense, better with a good Canon camera :rolleyes:

There's nothing beats a good clean or a good blast across some nice open moorland!!

Edited by Slapshot 3