Youth A&B Champ 2011

andat

I don't know if its just me, but have I read the new rules correctly for A&B British Championship Classes this year: A & B ride the same route (Route A) and A class (and presumably B class too) who want to ride less severe sections ride Route 'B' on a no points basis. Seems to be a good idea to boost entries but IMHO the ACU have missed a trick by not making the 'B' route a sub-championship like the adults have. Just my opinion...

That's how I read it.

Does that mean a lad just off an 80cc bike, fresh out of C class, (who would in the past have spent the next 3 years riding B class sections) now jumps straight to A class sections if he wants to be 'in the Championship'?

Break out the bandages !!!

Which idiot thought this up this one?? It's hardly as though the organising clubs aren't experienced enough to produce two or more routes for a Trial? I can only think that the meaning has been shrouded because the author needs to study his grammar.

I HOPE it means that the A & B classes EACH have their own Championship route with an alternative easier route to be ridden on a non-championship basis.

Very interesting.

Its funny how its going back to basics in the youth trials but in the adult BTC we have 3 routes and the B route is by far the most popular. If the sections are set correctly then it could work for the youth classes but I doubt it very much. The difference in skill level between a final year A class rider and a first year B class rider is massive. It wont increase entries unfortunately, more likely to be exactly the opposite and put people off riding them. The problem is easily solved to gain more entries. Keep it as it is with 2 separate routes as it always has been and make the sections have something for everybody. I.E 12 section trial have 4 easy sections that the lesser lights can get a clean on, 4 sections that the lesser lights can have a good go at and can get through but will also take marks from the top riders and then have 4 sections to sort the top riders out so that they dont have to worry about having a daft 5 and its the end of the day for them.

I have not seen the written word that may have caused this confusion - and it looks like there was an error - The correct info will be sent out asap

Here are actual facts

Route A - For A Class Riders

Route |B - For B Class Riders

A Class riders may if they wish ride the B route on a no point basis

I think that's a very valid point - and we will certainly put it on file

Of course with A's riding the B course it is no extra work for Organiser - but as there is no C course available , it would have to be marked - so as you say - some more work - but perhaps the possibility of just marking an alternative route in some of the harder B sections may work - I do agree the jump from 80cc sections to those most likely to be tackeld with a 125 is a big step

We will look at it and discuss in the future

I suppose it could work on two routes marked but three routes ridden, works well enough at club level:-

A class championship - all hard sections

B class championship + A easy - 50 / 50 sections

B easy - all easy sections

Bit more hassle but if it puts more bums on seats & more get to give it a go, why not?