Youth Gradings

as iow

My son has recently won 6 youth C class's at centre level in a row and won the centre championship last year. He is now in his second year as a C class rider, so asked the centre committe if he could do the B class championship to which they agreed. The first round of that championship was held on 20/2/05 and he won it by 15 points. I have since found out that the club who ran the trial have given the win and therefore the championship points to the rider who was realy second because they say my son isn't old enough. Without P***ing anyone off what the hell can i do. :(

Ask / appeal to centre recorder ..... ????

Is it up to the club to decide these thing ?

Does the centre have the power to allow you to upgrade ???

Does the Trials and enduro committee have the power to do so (even though they have done it) ???

it doesn

As far as I know the Centre can't allow a rider to upgrade. Certainly used to be the case anyway. I had to go through a right fuss when I was C class, to go up to B a year early, and it went to the central ACU.

One of our Centre ACU officials had to prepare a case to go to the ACU with (Jimmy Graham if anybody remembers him, I think he passed away - used to do all the radio reports in North Yorkshire area...sorry waffling down memory lane :( ).

It does seem a little daft though. If your lad can compete at a higher level, why not let him go for it. Have you spoken to the club at all? Probably worth checking how official his upgrading is first. Centre Championship points should be down to someone at Centre level rather than club level.

Bit vague for a Centre Championship though maybe. Are the organisers of the Centre Championship the ACU of that Centre, or all the individual clubs running a round.

I would say the Centre ACU should have the say regarding who is eligible or not eligible for Centre Championship points, no matter whether the club regard the rider as non-eligible for award or points at club level.

Common sense and fairness would suggest that he should be eligible, otherwise it just encourages riders to stay in a class that they dominate rather than pushing the boundaries a little.

Centres decide eligibility (eg some have residency requirements, some don't) but youth classes are based on age ......

Points are recorded by the centre recorder / that sport's reordered in the centre - but they are often dependant on what are sent in by the club - so depends how proactive they are

Also some twit might protest that xyz is too young to be in that class - possible legal implications .... ????

rabie :(

I think it's time i said sorry for ever writing this artical, is was posted after finding out that despite my son winning the B class by 15 marks at the centre championship trial, he was not classified in the results because of his age. This matter is now in the hands of the centre trials committe to whom we are greatfull for there help. I would like to opolagise to anyone who has been upset by this artical, and now hope that the situation can be resolved by the proper channels.