240/300 Flywheel Covers...new production

lee harris

I have only made one so far. It needs testing in exmoor. Fits perfectly, hope it doesnt melt. weighs about the same as the original. The silicon tool cost me 450 quid!!!!!

Lee

more028.jpg

more029.jpg

more030.jpg

more031.jpg

more032.jpg

more033.jpg

more034.jpg

waddayathink?

Looks really good Lee.

Would you like any help with the testing :)

Looks really good Lee.

Would you like any help with the testing :)

It is a std 300 cover. It will fit straight onto a 240 motor in a 240 frame also. The mounts are the same, its just 12mm wider. With that kind of tool cost, I wont make a 240 tool as the 300s will fit.

Very very nice. Perhaps theres scope here for Bultaco ones etc ???

It may be worth a try. I have a guy over here who is interesteed so we will find out. Problem isn they are not cheap to produce so would not be cheap to sell. It would need to sell at over 100 quid and for that money, people just use ebay.

L

Just so that i understand the reason behind the 300 mag cover fitting a 240 is because the newer Ducati ignition system off say a 1989 243 can be used on a 240. The flywheel and weight from a 243 (212 cc engine) will be to large to fit inside the 300 magneto cover I think? So, Lee are suppling only the cover, or are you suppling the flywheel machined by a return post if the customer sends a flywheel? If i'm completely wrong my apologises Lee.

For those riding Exmoor, see you there i'm riding 'Star Route' and this year i'm looking to loose a few less marks than i did a couple of years back.

These Fantic's are becoming quite trick pieces of kit another upgrade to mine is coming only to show it off at Exmoor.....although this doesn't mean it would ever work as half as good as your stuff Lee.

Edited by spud1968

Lee, from your comment above about having a 241 motor - will a 240 cover fit on any of the later crankcases or is the hole spacing different. I know the later flywheels are bigger (but I have a plan for that).

I stand corrected, i just got a case today, when it turned up it was from a 300 (I was gutted) i popped it on and there was no gap. Very strange indeed as the case is identical but has not got the bulge the old one had.

Im now filled with new hope, and cant wait to hear the results of your testing, fingers crossed there positive.

Edited by godzilla