Gas Gas 125, any good?

trials_125

Hi,

I have always found Gasser 125's to be really good bike's, I had an 08 Racing for a couple of years & was excellent, Rode really nice, It did have a good amount of pulling power, It pulled really well when you give it stick, My mate had an 09 as well which felt just as good, if not better.

Have Heard many good things about Evo 125's as well, Might be worth considering. I have a 290 Evo which is awesome.

Having watched some young lads on 125's, What some of them can get them to do is amazing, On some hills when I struggle on my 290 (my own fault usually) lads on 125's can just fly up them no problem!

Edited by BenBeta23

Hi,

I have always found Gasser 125's to be really good bike's, I had an 08 Racing for a couple of years & was excellent, Rode really nice, It did have a good amount of pulling power, It pulled really well when you give it stick, My mate had an 09 as well which felt just as good, if not better.

Have Heard many good things about Evo 125's as well, Might be worth considering. I have a 290 Evo which is awesome.

Having watched some young lads on 125's, What some of them can get them to do is amazing, On some hills when I struggle on my 290 (my own fault usually) lads on 125's can just fly up them no problem!

Many people have said avoid Gas Gas because of the poor build quality, what did you think the build quality was like on the Gasser?

Thanks for the great advice.

Many people have said avoid Gas Gas because of the poor build quality, what did you think the build quality was like on the Gasser?

Thanks for the great advice.

Funny you should say that, I was always a big fan of Gasser's when I had the 125, But then moved onto a 300 & let me down every week without fail, That totally put me off Gasser's for life, My 2008 GG was a well built bike, It did have the old style frame on though, I Don't think the build quality of them is bad, But I personally think other bikes are built better. I think if your getting a new 125 though a GG is the most popular or an Evo 125, See if you can grab a go on both, See what you prefer!

The GG is a Cracking bike for a 125, from 07 the build quality has overtaken ALL its competitors. The 2010/2011 are the best. If you can, buy new as many have been well used, there are good second hand one's out there, but you'll have to be patient and pounce once you've spotted the bike you want.

Had one in 2009 and used it for all the novagar rounds, the Scott, a Brit championship round, SSDT and club trials in between. Was a fantastic bike that was more than capable and constantly amazed me from the big steps it would go up, to somehow cresting big climbs that I wasn't quite sure about. I found it easier to ride I'm sections especially in scotland and found it made me happier to attack things. Had a 2010 as well and it was even better. Am back on a 250 this year but managed to use my old 2010 one today at a road trial and can honestly say I prefer it. Rode the 2011 one the test day and was very impressed with it. Never really had any issues and I'd say all brands are about similar build quality. Sadly you only get to hear the horror stories and not the happy customers.