Bought a bike where do I start?

thespikeyone

Hello folks

I have just bought a wr 250f mainly as a commuter (when i get road reg) but also fancy having a go at enduro anyone got any tips on where to start???? or should i just find a comp and have a go???? i haven't got a clue.

Help!!!!!

yours

A trials rider trying to go fast :blink::wacko::unsure::unsure:

Woodside in Elgin? Not sure what's happening up there now but there certainly used to be plenty enduro stuff going on the last time I was up there trialing? Try the GMCC website and give Barry Hamilton a shout, he was very helpfull the last time I spoke to him.

I also think there's some enduro things happening up by Invergordon, try phoning Gary at Heeland Leisure for info?

Best of luck :thumbup:

GJ :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Woodside in Elgin? Not sure what's happening up there now but there certainly used to be plenty enduro stuff going on the last time I was up there trialing? Try the GMCC website and give Barry Hamilton a shout, he was very helpfull the last time I spoke to him.

Best of luck :thumbup:

Got in touch with barry, what a really helpful bloke, I have now entered the sportsman class for the hare and hounds elgin endurance club are holding this sun (i think a world of hurt is instore!!!!!!) so wont be at bamcc trial this weekend. I will make it up by entering the bamcc enduro next weekend tho.

You not fancy ago onthe trials bike???

As for GMCC and woodside apparently they want to concentrate on moto x and you can no longer use anything other than the motox track at woodside. hence the reason barry set up a new club.

You not fancy ago onthe trials bike???

Any other day apart from a club trial and I'd give it a go - maybe next time?

As for GMCC and woodside apparently they want to concentrate on moto x and you can no longer use anything other than the motox track at woodside. hence the reason barry set up a new club.

Probably just as well I didn't join the GMCC just to use the ground for trials then! Shame, it had potential to bring in a few locals that don't otherwise partake in the club trials?

Best of luck on Sunday mate, I'm off to round 3 at Barras quarry to pop the cherry on the new bike :)

Doesn't Bon Accord run enduros too?

Aye we do.

Spiky...we have a hare and hounds next weekend on the Glen Trusta estate near Brechin might be a good opener for you, three hours at your pace.

Regs

Entry Form

Even some pics on the Scottish Endurosweb site.

There are apparently mega problems at Woodside and it should be avoided at all costs. Some major land use shenanigans on the go.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Aye we do.

Spiky...we have a hare and hounds next weekend on the Glen Trusta estate near Brechin might be a good opener for you, three hours at your pace.

Regs

Entry Form

Even some pics on the Scottish Endurosweb site.

There are apparently mega problems at Woodside and it should be avoided at all costs. Some major land use shenanigans on the go.

I did my first 3hr hare and hounds today in elgin, man those things are a handful and they really dont like tree roots. had a good result tho managed 1st place in the sportsman class.

As for the bamcc one im not sure I could put myself through that again!!!!!!!

But i might send the entry form off anyway ;);)

I did my first 3hr hare and hounds today in elgin, man those things are a handful and they really dont like tree roots. had a good result tho managed 1st place in the sportsman class.

As for the bamcc one im not sure I could put myself through that again!!!!!!!

But i might send the entry form off anyway ;);)

You know want too mate.... :thumbup:

Edited by Slapshot 3

err well... the snow was so bad I couldn't get there.. :blush::blush:

actually, the french attacked with their 1664 and won!!!!!!!

Sorry! howd it go?

Shocking...our forces can't handle an attack of the Kronenburgs..... :rolleyes:

Good day, bit sloppy to start with but the course opened out up and dried out enough to make it rideable by all classes. The weather brightened up and we even had some sunshine.