Gas Gas 05

pumpman

After 3 years on a Beta, I have decided to change to an 05 Gas Gas. The problem is I don't know which model, 250, 280 or 300.

I am looking for something which is good in mud and will grip and not just spin out.

Can anybody give me any guidance - thanks

Hi,

go for the 250, you will probably find it is easier to get grip with slightly less power, but will still have plenty of go, like ian says the 250 is a general clubmans bike. I reckon that a smaller engine will also help you to develop your technique more comfortably and therefore become a better rider.

Why not have a go on somebody elses bike and see what suis you.

After many years of trials riding on all makes, GASSERS are by far the best, Yes, the 250 would be my chioce, I agree with all the other replies, put the gg in 4th and it will go anywhere, low revs using the torque-------full hole slipping the clutch fligging the country side everywhere, they are fantastic.

You must run them in, keep the air filter dry + clean, make sure there are no water droplets in the bowl of the carb (they will run lumpy at tickover otherwise) and make sure the FUEL screw is set correctly, 3 1/2 turns out.

Have Fun. :(

You know Andy spends many hours on this web site, and has listed different forums for discussion :D:D:P

There is one on there listed GAS GAS...........Amazing ;):o:o

When talking about a Gas Gas it may be appropriate to post it there.

There again who looks at the Gas Gas forum.....I await for the abuse :(:D

You need the 250 - very smooth and enough power

I liked the 280 - bit more power but you are looking for grip

300 definitely an aquired taste - lots of money to be made in after market mods to tame the beast.

Thanks to GasGas UK for the opportunity at Hawks Nest to test all the bikes - I'd recommend you look out for it next year and try to get there.

Dont forget about the 200! Some people think they are underpowered and just for kids/little people but they really are very good and very smooth which = grip!! The only down side is they havent got the tricker forks/clamps like the bigger 3 but they may be well worth looking at!