ossa in difficultie

vgstef

Translated from From www.ara.cat

Ossa could leave Catalonia

The company does not obtain financing for future orders

EDITORIAL

Barcelona | Updated 03/10/2011 01:43

The company Ossa, one hopes in Catalonia regarding motorcycles, after the closure of Derby and Yamaha can not find resources in Catalonia. The success of his bike trial will allow you to double production in 2012, but the company does not find him finance growth. The brand wants to help the Government after the non-banks and the Government proposes to enter the capital of the company through Avançsa.

In contrast, other communities have offered aid in exchange they move. The CEO of Ossa, Joan Gurt said that if necessary now to examine the bids to prevent the rebirth of the company and its future is truncated.

Edited by for artie

Oh dear ! Not what we need to hear - I hope someone can get some clarification on this quickly so that the brand doesn't suffer from any adverse commentry.

I hope that Mr Birkett can quickly respond to this with some positive news and put this to bed as soon as possible.

Here's to OSSA's continuing.

Edited by Scoobydo

after the closure of Derby and Yamaha

Derbi have closed? The one Spanish motorcycle manufacturer that weathered the storm of the early '80's has closed? Derbi have been a fixture for years. What a sad turn of events.

*edit* I see that the Catalunian plant has been closed and manufacturing outsourced to Vietnam.

Edited by TooFastTim

I think this is more about the locations ability to subsidise ossa. ie if they stay put no euro grant, if they move free new factory ?

Thats how it reads to me also.

Why use your own money when you can use someone elses.

It would be nice to read a Queens English version though.

Can't make no dosh ere we're out of ere mate.

Thats how it reads to me also.

Why use your own money when you can use someone elses.

It would be nice to read a Queens English version though.

Can't make no dosh ere we're out of ere mate.

It's common for any company in any country to welcome government money. There's nothing more coveted by government is to see their constituents working and paying tax dollars. "Ossa Difficulty"?? - I think should read "Ossa using standard business practices". Maybe they should set up shop beside JTG, seems there R&D and government money available in their province.

Thanks, what I am told is Derby moved to Italy on a better offer, with Ossa on the cusp of their new enduro you can only imagine the offers they might get to move and expand their facities.

Derbi is owned by Piaggio so a move from Martorellas to Italy is logical.

Yamaha recently shut down production in Spain and consolidated Euro production in France, similar to what Honda did a while back (in Italy).