Buying '05 3.2

corex

......buying a bike which wont start, and will not run or restart when hot.

Agreed the '05 Sherco 4T was a right ''Dog'' stay well clear, it has all the symptoms above and will drive you insane.

They did do a modification as a retro fit, but even if this has been done I would advise spend your money elsewhere...perhaps that is why it is a good deal?

How cheap is the question ????

If you can get for a good price you can always spend some money on makeing it start better.

Some of the 05 models would have all the late model bits on by now,just check with the seller if any of the mods have been done.

They where not all pigs to start and once setup right will start hot or cold, even after its been upside down..

The 08 bikes have come right down in price, so an 05 would be under a grand...

The bike has a new engine, not a rebuild but a completely new engine. It has the retro kit for starting, and I'm not sure what other mods have been done. I'm surprised to hear all the negative feedback, I thought the 05 was a great bike as long as it was starting! I live in Canada and picking up a bike of these years is always about 3 or 4 grand. There is an '06 monty 4rt available for 5 thousand, but I figure the new engine in the sherco puts it over the top in comparison. Also the 4rt is loud, and from what I've read, feels heavier and less powerful. I know the fuel injection is awesome, however.

I am mostly looking for 'other' problems the '05 320's had/have, so I know what to look for when I test ride it.

Edited by corex

The bike has a new engine, not a rebuild but a completely new engine. It has the retro kit for starting, and I'm not sure what other mods have been done. I'm surprised to hear all the negative feedback, I thought the 05 was a great bike as long as it was starting! I live in Canada and picking up a bike of these years is always about 3 or 4 grand. There is an '06 monty 4rt available for 5 thousand, but I figure the new engine in the sherco puts it over the top in comparison. Also the 4rt is loud, and from what I've read, feels heavier and less powerful. I know the fuel injection is awesome, however.

I am mostly looking for 'other' problems the '05 320's had/have, so I know what to look for when I test ride it.

I would just try to insure the rear linkage is in good condition. There are a few folks about like Ishy that just rode the crap out of these things and loved them.

Seems to me they were a bit gentler than the later ones, and if you got a good one, it was good!

You kinda gotta be a four T fan to appreciate them I think. Beats the hell out of some them old bikes! I would love to have one to play with, yet not in the buj! Good looker too!