wheel rim stickers

myzeneye

ive ordered some of them wheel rim decals for my bike....

any one got any advice on hows best to stick them on so that they fit and stick well.... ?

im guessing white spirit or petrol wipedown, maybe some heat from a hair dryer and then a steady hand to peel and stick.... ?

any advice is welcome....

thanks guys...

ive ordered some of them wheel rim decals for my bike....

any one got any advice on hows best to stick them on so that they fit and stick well.... ?

im guessing white spirit or petrol wipedown, maybe some heat from a hair dryer and then a steady hand to peel and stick.... ?

any advice is welcome....

thanks guys...

wouldn't use white spirit or petrol. meths or/and panel wipe i think

Meths is one of the few that cleans really well & dries without any residue. (white spirit will leave oil)

Meths can be bought from a proper paint supplier. A bottle will probably last years, with the top on securely.

like other posts make sure the rims are spotlessly clean and warm the rim and tapes with the wifes/girlfriends hairdryer, mine have been on for a few month now with no sign of them peeling off

cheers guys, think ive got some meths in the garage somewhere... if not, im sure a can of brake cleaner will come in usefull for other things too....

im not sure its totally necesarry, but taking the wheels off and fetching them indoors to warm up sounds like a good idea :icon_salut:

are they easy enough to get on straight or will i end up with wheels that look badly buckled when they spin..hahahha

i did see some smart looking striping and an application tool on ebay for just a tenner (after i had bought my sherco decals) but i do prefer the wider ones which say sherco on them....

i did want some fancy gold anadised rims but i think stripping the wheels down and having them anadised them rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing will just cost way too much.......hahahah stickers it is ! :rolleyes:

right.... just finished fitting them....... verdict...... frickin sweeeeet !

cleaned rims with degreaser, then acetone, then just carfully applied the stickers.... a little fiddely but not too taxing....

they look great ,im well happy....

they were off ebay, listed for 25 quid but had a "make me an offer" option.... 15 quid was all i paid so im well happy....:)

will try and geta piccy on tomorrow...

• 1 year later...