TR 280

neo

If you don't "appreciate sarcastic witless comments" your at the wrong website!!!

Come on Kramit give the guy a bit of time to settle in and and get a feel for this place. We've all been there.

Best of balance.

Neo

mines been playing up again ran ok for 2 hours or so

and then cut out tried to restart it with no luck so

i stuck a new plug in and it fired straight up. the

plug that came out is very very black, hopefully

im getting it looked at this week

jsp

Sorry to hear your haveing trouble jsp,how much and what two stroke oil are you using?I was told to run one tank of fuel rich with oil to run the bike in then to drop from 80ml to 50ml to 5lts and touch wood has been fine.hope you get sorted out.

Well jus to update on mine it was darwen trials clubs last round of their club championship on Sunday and all wyes were on my ossa most just expecting it to break down,in boggy conditions the deep mud was not offering much grip but the ossa excels in these conditions and seems to find grip were there isn't any,the bike ran great, the only let down was my talent,did have a little scare on the last few sections when after navigating my way clean up a rocky gully I was jus about to ask for power and the bike cut out,I wasn't sure if I had stalled or god forbid something worse,it turns out the ossa is very thirsty even with a three litre tank it had run out,in contrast I usually het round this venue without refueling the beta,so I guess I tool the five happily on the chin apose to the greif

i use 50ml of fully synthetic oil in 5lits

of fuel.

had it up to the dealer today, yes its on p11 evo

but was just running too rich, leaned it off and

reset the throttle sensor. only time will tell now.

it was interesting to see how hours it had done

i would have said about 40 but the big brother

efi system only showed 21 hours.

jsp

i use 50ml of fully synthetic oil in 5lits

of fuel.

had it up to the dealer today, yes its on p11 evo

but was just running too rich, leaned it off and

reset the throttle sensor. only time will tell now.

it was interesting to see how hours it had done

i would have said about 40 but the big brother

efi system only showed 21 hours.

jsp

Hi jsp, Only was talking with our importer yesterday to ask the difference to the mapping of my previous 280i as the new 2012 I have found with a few hours now clocked it is running rich, lumpy off idle. What was done to lean off and reset the throttle sensor ? Is it now running better.

Edited by steveo

but was just running too rich, leaned it off and reset the throttle sensor

I was under the impression that FI made fiddling with the mix a thing of the past. Is that not the case on an OSSA TR280?

How did your dealer adjust the mix? On his PC software or with a screw driver B)

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Not sure how the Ossa works yet , but on my other FI bikes a little tweaking can get you ,easier starts , smoother idling , and better over all performance.

Not that factory setting were bad by any means , but each motor is slightly different . FI can be so much more precise in when and how much fuel is delivered , some MINOR tweaks can be helpful.

Again I have NO experience on an Ossa , hope to change that soon :bouncy:

simply load map P11 EVO1 on your 2011 or 2012 bike, you're good to go. no issues and tick over is fine.

new 2012 bikes need to be remapped by the dealer before delivering the bike.

2t mix is 110:1 syth. from brand new on premium gas. no need to get creative with anything.

make sure your air filter is clean< then simply enjoy the ride.

cheers.

Edited by borus

Hi jsp, Only was talking with our importer yesterday to ask the difference to the mapping of my previous 280i as the new 2012 I have found with a few hours now clocked it is running rich, lumpy off idle. What was done to lean off and reset the throttle sensor ? Is it now running better.

its the the torx screw on the gear lever side on the throttle body with blue paint on it

but you cant just back it off as you need it on the kousan machine to reset the

throttle position sensor, my has run like a dream all day in a trial. you will be supprised

how few hours you have done, the only run in at 40 hours

jsp

Edited by jsp

talked to dealer, Mainly all idle troubles are caused by dirt in the throttle body, which causes a loss in air intake at closed throttle. First you must check that everything from filter to throttle body is absolutely clean, and also check if the sparkplug is in optimum condition.

you can not reset and adjust the idle manually ........ it is all should by the offical software with cable...... I suggest you to do not modify the stopping bolt position, because the bike will be hard to start and may not perform properly......... i did adjusted the stopping bolt physically as a result my bike come out black smoke and kill my spark plugs !

Edited by sunlingkau

Strikes me the bike would be better delivered complete with software and lead and updates for X years by download I think I'd be pi**ed off if I hads to phone my dealer explain to the right guy the problem ..load the bike up...drive to dealer...wait for analysis...wait for adjustments...test..drive home ..with monotonous regularity (I've been wanting to get that into a post for a while) bla h blah blah.

When we owned Monts(4RT) they ran consitently..was that because the software /sensors were more sophisticated or simply because they were 4 stroke.

Edited by chewy

• 4 months later...

I've had a couple of issues that most seem to have experienced, (2011 model) light drag on the clutch, difficulty locating neutral, but the worst of it has been the starting issue. It has been difficult for a while and recently graduated to impossible. It was probably my own fault, my plugs were oiling up with a very high quality synthetic 2t oil and i thought a race fuel might help the mix. so mixed up some 107 which i had with Castrol Power1 TTS racing 2T oil, fully synthetic as recommended in the handbook. Impossible to start, but when run down hill and rolled up it went like a dream. but restarting failed.

Eventually drained it all out and replaced it with 95 octane and semi synthetic 2T. it still would not rev out smoothly after a plug change.

Back to the workshop and it has now been given the map 13 and apparently cannot be faulted. time will tell. the bike is a magnificent piece of work, tractable, biddable, powerful, light, and pretty, and in spite of massive urging by my brother I will not be getting rid of it anytime soon.

I am running dexron III ATF because I change it after every second or third trial. My bike is now at 34 hours after a year. I have to say the service I get from my dealer/mechanic has been amazing and i have a gut feeling we have gotten to the bottom of it now.