Swinging arm bearing removal.

cabby

On the 2010 swinging arm there is bit that hangs down that connects the linkage (excuse the pathetic term there) that has a bush and two bearing in it. the near side bearing looks like it's done, but not sure how to remove it ??

Any pointers on how to get this out, as I assume it can't be knocked out from the other side ??

On the 2010 swinging arm there is bit that hangs down that connects the linkage (excuse the pathetic term there) that has a bush and two bearing in it. the near side bearing looks like it's done, but not sure how to remove it ??

Any pointers on how to get this out, as I assume it can't be knocked out from the other side ??

Never had them bad, why do you assume that? :rolleyes: Seems logical.

I like the idea of the rawlbolt method Cope....just wondering if you could combine that with the a large socket over the rawlbolt/bearing hole and then use a second nut and washer on that same bolt to gradually pull the roller bearing out?

Best of balance.

Neo

I use 22mm, 15mm & a 15mm deep reach 1/2" drive sockets, a piece of M10 threaded bar, 2 washers and 2 nuts.

Make sure the 15mm socket is under 22mm in diameter or pick a socket that is or you'll get a socket stuck in your swinging-arm.

There isn't really enough room to use a vice.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the swing arm off the bike to do the swing arm pivot bearings anyway so it was easy to get it in the vice with suitable sockets to press them out! It feels so much better now with 11 new bearings in it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had to do all the linkage bearings on the 250, they were in a bad state of affair. The swingarm linkage ones had collapsed and all that was left of them was the outer race. Trie prising out wit sockets,and the rawl bolt method but no luck. Took the arm off to get at it better but still no luck. So just turned up a piece of aluminium the right size ot the outer race and the right size of the inner race so it was centrally located and whack out with a hammer. . . ! hey presto, Bobs your mothers brother

Bike also feelsmuch better with all bearings replaced!

Edited by tayto94

I have just had to do all the linkage bearings on the 250, they were in a bad state of affair. The swingarm linkage ones had collapsed and all that was left of them was the outer race. Trie prising out wit sockets,and the rawl bolt method but no luck. Took the arm off to get at it better but still no luck. So just turned up a piece of aluminium the right size ot the outer race and the right size of the inner race so it was centrally located and whack out with a hammer. . . ! hey presto, Bobs your mothers brother

Bike also feelsmuch better with all bearings replaced!

Photos PLEASE!!! ... a picture speaks a thousand words :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo