Euro Championships

copemech

Wonder why there is not a full list of results posted up on this series?

Seen a couple individual reports by Jack and Becky, but nothing more on here.

Noticed in Becky's report a mention of a new rule where even touching a marker gets you a fiver? What kinda thing is that? :rolleyes:

Schmuck: Euro results

We (Cape Town) used to run these rules. It's easier for the observer. The alternative is open to debate: when has a marker become dislodged?

Schmuck: I stand corrected, although I should have stated "Womens Saturday Event " for the womens championship.

Hot Race! Hot Girls! Friggin good riders!You seen what they can do to the boys! :thumbup:

On the markers thing, point of judjment here as been the point of dislodged or requireing reset or re-marking. In my mind, a "toutch" of a paper card for 5 seems rather harsh, and beyond the intent of the rule and good sportsmanship. And could just as easily be contested.

Edited by copemech

On the markers thing, point of judjment here as been the point of dislodged or requireing reset or re-marking. In my mind, a "toutch" of a paper card for 5 seems rather harsh, and beyond the intent of the rule and good sportsmanship. And could just as easily be contested.

Yes I agree. Think of it as a trials equivalent of "less than or equal to" as opposed to "less than".

Edited by TooFastTim

The thing is , if you touch a flag with any part of your bike of body it is pretty unlikely you're going to feel it, so you as a rider are at the mercy of the observers judgement (which you cannot protest about)..not a good rule at least if you knock it out it's clear to see that you 've done it. then they say oh yes but it's the same rules for everybody and as a rider you know that it is the interpretation of the rules by individuals that record the scores... imagine /calculate how many milliseconds your boot may be touching a flag as yo pass it. Whatever happened to benifit of doubt.?

Wonder why there is not a full list of results posted up on this series?

The issue with the Euro Championship is, and always has been, getting the information. Maybe Mario will change things this year, but historically it's always been a problem.