Youth A&b

doughbouysherco

Just got back from the first youth A&B of the season could of done with skis on some of the sections. :wacko: Good day out though even the weather was spot on,

only trouble was we were spectating instead of competing.

Anyway anybody got the results? the scoreboard was A4 sheets & slightly small with thirty odd people looking.

why do cheadle put the worst round of the year on every bloody year?????????????????????????

how do they get the chance to run a BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

how was that supposed to sort the riders???

why do cheadle put the worst round of the year on every bloody year?????????????????????????

Can you quantify that statement? Not saying you're wrong, just I don't like people slagging off the folk who go to the bother of organising events unless they can justify what they're saying - and hopefully put something constructive in to! :wacko:

this year there where 12 sections 10 of which were like riding a c-class route and one of the other was just nothing but 3's just to make sure no-one could have been under 9 and one section was reasonable.

same last year...although was a little better there were 8 really easy ones and they stuck a couple in that were all 3's just so no-one was clean and a couple a ahlf decent sections.

every other round of the series is usually gud surreys hard along with kent, abergavenny devon etc...

i appreciate the time taken to organise the event, however if they could have someone with more knowledge of what youths are capable of doing to help with the sections it would be ok.

General organisation was poor, bikes started before the start, kids riding after the trial and practising before, C class sections for B class and queues where sections should have had an observer & card puncher (and I did offer to punch at section 4 but got turned down as I believe did a couple of others, where were the officials?). I'm not at all impressed after a 400 mile round trip for what amounts to a mediocre club trial. Just one of the reasons we don't do the entire Southern oops I mean British Championship. Oh and my wife said the toilet was absolutely disgusting. At least the weather held up.

Nigel Robson.

• 2 weeks later...