Anodised Wheels

martinh

I am thinking of getting the wheels on my 04 Sherco 290 anodised black. I have seen Gassers and Beta's with this done, and it looks the dogs, but I think this is helped is these bikes have red in them, and the contrast of colour looks great. Has anyone got any pics of a Sherco with black rims?

Edited by martinh

A guy at the last trial had his scorpa's wheels done black. From a distance they looked really good. It was only when I got up close that I saw he'd used high temp matt black paint without masking off the spokes :stoned::wacko:

Anyway, if you get it done properly I'd say to go for it as the black wheels on the blue bike did look very trick.....

Has anyone ever anodised a frame? Now THAT would be special!!

They do look good with red gassers but it'll look equally as good on a blue bike. take that little jap who rode the marseille indoor on a scorpa, is it Fumitaka Nozaki or something! his bike looked the dogs!! get it done. Alternatively candy wheels do a nice blue which would look equally as good ona sherco and it'd be original cos i aint seen any bike with that colour rims :wacko:

My baby has got black rims but I didnt do it myself it came with them! Mines a yellow gasser and i think it looks pretty cool! If I ever got another bike I would look into having them done!

Erm yeah I think I saw a pic of Doogies bike in TMX and that had orange rims! Looked very nice!!!

Edited by BA Baraccus

Cheers jonny beta for the picture, it does look good. Follow web link for a picture of an 05 beta with black rims. Not a great shot of the bike, but when you see it in the flesh (and when it is clean) it looks gorgeous! When i first saw a Gasser with balck rims I thought that nothing could touch it for looks but the beta is something else. Candy wheels seems like the place to get it done. Sod it, I'm gonna have it done, and i'll post a few shots of it when its finished. http://www.trialsinfo.com/events05/thamess...e/target27.html

post-2-1110294503.jpg

Fumitaka Nozaki has had black wheels on his SY, in 03 anyway. I think he has this year too? Here's a picture from Marseille in the '03 indoor, its hosted on the

worldtrials web site. There's also pics of Dougie's orange wheeled Mont on there.

100.jpg

Here's another from phototrial.it

nozaki.jpg

Look out for my black rimmed SY at this years SSDT! If it all comes together I hope to get my rims anodized!

Edited by boofont

Apparently all the Montes riders now have a set of orange wheels is because their sponsor repsol oils' colour is orange.

I saw a gasser at the colonial with a red anodised swing are and wheels and it looked really cool, I think it was Steve Colleys old bike.

Does anyone know how much a set of spokes and/or nipples are for a sherco? As I am going to anodise the wheels, I may as well replace the spokes too, just so it is all new looking, as there is no point having my funky black wheels, with rusty nipples and dull spokes!