Original Shocks

furse

I've stripped down my original marazochi shocks as they are leaking, I can get hold of seals and some spherical bearing for the mounts, but cant seem to get the rod off the top alloy mount, is the alloy cast around the chrome rod?

I've stripped down my original marazochi shocks as they are leaking, I can get hold of seals and some spherical bearing for the mounts, but cant seem to get the rod off the top alloy mount, is the alloy cast around the chrome rod?

Take the piston off of the rod,rather than the alloy mount,make sure and keep the shims in proper order.

My shocks don't leak at the shaft seals,but at the square section o-rings that seal the sealhead,make sure you source those too.(haven't tried to find them for myself yet,mine just barely leak)

Edited by htrdoug

Take the piston off of the rod,rather than the alloy mount,make sure and keep the shims in proper order.

My shocks don't leak at the shaft seals,but at the square section o-rings that seal the sealhead,make sure you source those too.(haven't tried to find them for myself yet,mine just barely leak)

Yes done that but rods need rechroming or replacing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm rebuild my shocks, can you let me know where you got the seals from and do you know how much oil you need to add to the shocks when you put them back together.

Also, is standard fork oil OK?

Save the time and effort !!! get some falcons or njb's !!! you can't bear a dead horse ,(and the valving and response is much better ) !!!

Glenn

That's my long term plan but I want to ride the bike while I do bits. So I need tyres as a priority and a towbar to move it around and I've had to buy the bike so my slush fund is a bit empty. I just want the shock to last a couple of months, I don't even mind if I have to top the oil up after each ride until have have I can get some new ones.

I can get NJB clubmans for