Suzuki forks

ausy300pro

I have a suzuki front end that I am going to put on my Majesty Yam, I was told that it was a beamish front end but I think it is probably an earlier RL front end as there are no air valves on forks, can anyone confirm this and also, how are they rated as standard and does anyone have any tips or mods for setting forks up to work as well as possible.

Thanks

I don't have much experience with the early beamish forks but am pretty sure you are right that they do not have the air valve on top. I find the beamish forks to be on the soft side and I usually run with 15psi air assistance in the later forks which have original springs. On one beamish I have replaced the springs with longer and stiffer items and that one feels good and does not need any air pressure added. I like the forks on the springy side and use 5W oil for damping. Hope this helps.

I don't have much experience with the early beamish forks but am pretty sure you are right that they do not have the air valve on top. I find the beamish forks to be on the soft side and I usually run with 15psi air assistance in the later forks which have original springs. On one beamish I have replaced the springs with longer and stiffer items and that one feels good and does not need any air pressure added. I like the forks on the springy side and use 5W oil for damping. Hope this helps.

Hi simonwatkins

What springs did you use, as I

HI I have confirmed my forks (that are going on my 200 Majesty) are RL forks rather than beamish ones, I have also been told that they are quite lightly sprung and if anything underdamped, this should mean they will work ok for me as my bike is quite light and I am below average weight (for a twinshock rider anyway), I would like to replace one of the fork top nuts due to damage, has anyone got one or ideas where I could get one.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Suzuki forks are much better than Yamaha and were one of the very best of the day.

They are air assisted forks so need a positive pressure to get the correct spring rate.

A good mod to make.

Later forks from a fantic etc are better but not period.

• 2 months later...

got my majesty nearly completed, can anyone tell me the amount of oil and weight to use in the forks (they are ealry rl forks rather than beamish ones) just as a starting point I know, also they seem very stiffly sprung in spite of being told they are too soft as standard ?!

Thanks Jim,

don't suppose anyone does new fork stanchion caps that will fit my forks, they are a bit rough and would replace if I could, also is there an exploded diagram of forks anywhere (on beamish owners site for instance) the ones I am using seem very very hard sprung contrary to what I have been told they are like, just wondered if someone has put wrong spacers in, the ones in mine are about 75mm long (fitted at top of springs).