Ian Pollock Memorial Trial...

boofont

For anyone who fancies a go at the SSDT one day this is a great one day trial in the same neck of the woods. Based in Kinlochleven it is a tough days trials in some of Scotland spectacular scenary. The moors are the same ones used in the SSDT and the sections are also quite similar. I've not done it for a few years but I'll be there this year as practise for May. It's always been my favourite one day event. Time is often tight so don't spend too much time looking around.

Totally agree with bigfoot. It really is a fantastic trial. Its a long way to come for those down south but its worth the journey. Make a weekend of it and stay in Ft William on the Saturday night, I'm considering it to avoid the early start and three hour drive to get to Kinlochleven!

If we can find somewhere legal to practice on the Saturday, we will set off on the Friday after work. But, it looks doubtful at the moment so we'll probably just travel up on Saturday morning and either drive back after the trial or first thing Monday morning.

kinell you are most welcome to come along as well on the saturday it is lagal land as we dont have much of a problem with that up here its were i practice most times and its good run out if you e-mail me with a contact number (you to boofont) we can arrange to go out on the sat cheers boys

Reading the regs I notice that the starting order will be in reverse order of receipt of entries. I guess I'm right in saying that the last ones to enter set off first? I seem to remember that time was a bit tight last year and queues were also a bit of a problem. I can't help thinking that the first riders away will have an advantage, does this not disadvantage the riders that were keen and organised with their entry by sending it off early? :)

Kinell: Sat Nav arriving Tuesday, so I'm guaranteed to find Scotland again

not sure sat nav works with 6v supply from a beta (they have enough problems powering the ignition) but it probably is the only way you will get round in May :);):)

I can't help thinking that the first riders away will have an advantage

Boofont - just wait till you are first man up lower mamore - then you will find out why its best to be at the back :o

Edited by overthehill