TLR250 for green laneing?

dorsettrail

Hi, being short of height & having a liking for classic Honda's, I'm considering a TLR250R (the monoshock one) for some gentle green laneing, do you think this would be suitable? Another bike I'm considering is a TLR200, is this considered to be any better than the TLR250R?

Edited by dorsettrail

Hi, being short of height & having a liking for classic Honda's, I'm considering a TLR250R (the monoshock one)for some gentle green laneing, do you think this would be suitable? I had a Beta Alp 200 in the past which was good.

This post has been edited by dorsettrail: Today, 08:15 PM

PM me if you are looking for one.

Fuel range is always going to be a problem green laning on a monoshock trialler I'd think

True plus seems a real waste of a great trials bike. the other thing is they are sooooooooooooooo overpriced. If you are determined to buy a trials bike then something cheaper just as capable would make more sense ?

Thanks for the replies so far. In response, being short of height yes a Serow would be an excellent choice & something I'd consider if the right one came up, the CRF230 is a bit tall for me without having it lowered, I'd rather have a four stoke so that takes out a few options & obviously it must be road legal. I do like classic Honda's & like the look of the TLR200/TLR250 hence my interest. Correct, they are not cheap (2K for a good one?) but guess they also don't depreciate too much. As for using one for gentle green laneing, very good point on the small fuel tank, plus I've not ridden one so don't know if the bike would be suitable or completely a bad idea for the intended purpose, hence my post on here.

You will get one a lot cheaper than a twinshock tlr, I have never seen one at a trial, was offered one once.There are a couple about converted for t/shock trials. If you trawl the link I posted they are common for trail riding..... :thumbup:

Serows are good though.

Edited by bo drinker

You just need a Serow,they cant really be beaten for a small trail bike,look at the abuse Lois gave hers on a little trip from Alaska down to the bottom of South America.

(Really ought to get on with fitting the Serow motor into the TY frame.....)

• 8 months later...

The Bike above was featured in TBM (Trail Bike & Enduro Magazine) in the UK in Issue 58, June 2000.

I have a copy of this, but to big to upload,

e.mail me if interested.

Giovanni

Tried to e.mail you but "e.mail address unknown"

Ross