Mike Sheppard

mattylad

Although I never new Mike my condolences go out to his family for this tragic loss.

I consider trials to be one of the safest motorised sports in the world so this came as a great shock.

When an investigation has been concluded it would be useful to post the contributory reasons to the accident so that other Clerks of Course can avoid the cause as far as possible. Lets do our upmost to prevent anything like this happening again in the future

Although I never new Mike my condolences go out to his family for this tragic loss.

I consider trials to be one of the safest motorised sports in the world so this came as a great shock.

When an investigation has been concluded it would be useful to post the contributory reasons to the accident so that other Clerks of Course can avoid the cause as far as possible. Lets do our upmost to prevent anything like this happening again in the future

Condolences to the family.

No idea what happened, yet I must say I find offense in your post. All motorsports can be dangerious, quit looking for blame here. Did you not read the entry sign?

You could trip off the streetside curb, break a hip and get it by a car! God forbid, yet still. Nuff said.

What utter patronising garbage. How do you avoid / prevent a rider having an off riding trials?

Condolences to Mikes family.

Edited by Fivemeister

Fivemeister and copemech

I did not intend to be patronising or go looking for blame.

My question was in a positive sense, if it was a simple fall, I agree it is very difficult to avoid.

However if some other factor came into play that could have contributed, why not understand the cause and take positive action in the future?

Fivemeister and copemech

I did not intend to be patronising or go looking for blame.

My question was in a positive sense, if it was a simple fall, I agree it is very difficult to avoid.

However if some other factor came into play that could have contributed, why not understand the cause and take positive action in the future?

:agreed: condolences to the family but as a clerk of the course i would like to know what happened as if you have ever had to lay out a trial it is always a good thing to know of any contributing factors which may have to be taken into account. That is only being a responsible Clerk of the course takinging into account the massive difference in ability of all the competitors. I am sure that whatever happened was an accident but we all need to be aware of possible dangers which may affect our members when riding.