Service

chewy

Had problems with my Sherco since I bought it last September. Went riding on Corsica a five day guided ride by Michael Pissano (paris/dakar & enduro proffessionel) second day my bike conked out no spark. so we telephoned Dherby Moto in France who sent stator CDI , flywheel key ,puller etfc etc. we got the bits next day by airmail it turned out to be the HT coil which we didn't have as these normally never fail!...We scoured the island and found an Ht coil from a DT Yam which gave a massive spark. When we got back to mainland went to Dherby with the bits ready to pay for what I'd used and the freight cost ..The guy would take no money and said it was all covered under the warranty.he said Sherco have a 1 year warrant and Beta a 2 year warranty.he was surprised to see the "old type" rear wheel on my bike every bike he had sold was "recalled "and a new rear wheel supplied.I have in past never had a problem with Beta service but have had to fight over months to resolve small problems with the Sherco including the rear wheel. My question is WHY is is different in uk? to France..Just as a point of interest to those who like to fiddle for performance...the ht coil from an old DT yam gave a super spark which was reflected in the response/power of the motor..shame I had to give it back! Logical excuses for comparitively. poor service would be appreciated

were the DT range not 6 volt? would this matter?

Didnt check.. it physically fitted and worked..you know how it is when you're "in the mountains" .it was the only option available and it worked ..well...better than the new rteplacement even.

Had problems with my Sherco since I bought it last September. Went riding on Corsica a five day guided ride by Michael Pissano (paris/dakar & enduro proffessionel) second day my bike conked out no spark. so we telephoned Dherby Moto in France who sent stator CDI , flywheel key ,puller etfc etc. we got the bits next day by airmail it turned out to be the HT coil which we didn't have as these normally never fail!...We scoured the island and found an Ht coil from a DT Yam which gave a massive spark. When we got back to mainland went to Dherby with the bits ready to pay for what I'd used and the freight cost ..The guy would take no money and said it was all covered under the warranty.he said Sherco have a 1 year warrant and Beta a 2 year warranty.he was surprised to see the "old type" rear wheel on my bike every bike he had sold was "recalled "and a new rear wheel supplied.I have in past never had a problem with Beta service but have had to fight over months to resolve small problems with the Sherco including the rear wheel. My question is WHY is is different in uk? to France..Just as a point of interest to those who like to fiddle for performance...the ht coil from an old DT yam gave a super spark which was reflected in the response/power of the motor..shame I had to give it back! Logical excuses for comparitively. poor service would be appreciated

wow thats a great story ive many of dt s hahaha

I more interested in the warranty side of this than fitting a yamaha coil.

To be fair my current Sherco is coming up 4 months old, its one of only two bikes i have had in recent years that have not required some parts under warranty. Other bikes i have owned have been Betas, Gas Gas and a Scorpa.

the other bike with no warranty claims was also a Sherco....

Warranty is good but not as good as not needing it in the first place.

I more interested in the warranty side of this than fitting a yamaha coil.

To be fair my current Sherco is coming up 4 months old, its one of only two bikes i have had in recent years that have not required some parts under warranty. Other bikes i have owned have been Betas, Gas Gas and a Scorpa.

the other bike with no warranty claims was also a Sherco....

Warranty is good but not as good as not needing it in the first place.

Thats a fair comment ..BUT...my point/question was why when there is a problem (I have had 2 with this bike,1 in UK and 1 as described above) is it so difficult to get anything done.. had I been in UK with the same problem (along with my experience with the first problem her in UK) I reckon I would still be without a bike arguing the toss about warranty period..did I mistreat the bike?...did I cause the problem ? anything to delay actually sorting out the problem.I think most people would accept that most trials bikes are made from cheapest collection of parts available and sold at premium prices. Bearing this in mind I think that it is incumbrent upon the whole supply chain (heaven knows ther's a lot of margins to fill there!) to offer top service as I recieved when in trouble in France.

fair questions, however i suspect that trials bikes are made of generally fairly decent gear and condidring there working enviromnet dont do half bad and as for the retail price they are not expensive ( a middle of the road half decent mountian bike would start at 3k with top comp gear going for 5k.. thats no engine..) sure theres a manufacturer an importer and a retailer and the thing has to get from southern europe to you so them margins are mighty thin i suspect. i'd go so far as to suggest that warranty repairs are parts paid for by importer and labour FOC from the retailer..

perhaps only the bikes on the frech market were recalled as the brit bikes were already better? gasgas made simaler claims some time ago when faced with grey imports ( grey imports which now seem to have dispappeared which perhaps proves the point)

• 2 weeks later...

fair questions, however i suspect that trials bikes are made of generally fairly decent gear and condidring there working enviromnet dont do half bad and as for the retail price they are not expensive ( a middle of the road half decent mountian bike would start at 3k with top comp gear going for 5k.. thats no engine..) sure theres a manufacturer an importer and a retailer and the thing has to get from southern europe to you so them margins are mighty thin i suspect. i'd go so far as to suggest that warranty repairs are parts paid for by importer and labour FOC from the retailer..

perhaps only the bikes on the frech market were recalled as the brit bikes were already better? gasgas made simaler claims some time ago when faced with grey imports ( grey imports which now seem to have dispappeared which perhaps proves the point)

Firstly no I#m using a french computer ..different keyboard... Secondly I don't believe business is that difficult for the major importers...Thirdly warranties are normally paid for /amorticised by the manufacturer as the warranty is for manufacturing defects...in the 4 wheel world warranty work is a good earner for the distributors. I.ve just changed a water pump seal on a 10 month old bike which was clearly fitted "on the pss" at time of manufacture..an obvious manufacturing fault. Finally I simply cant understand the attitude of UK customers so I.ll give up with the final comment of you only get what you given if you don't demand more.