4RT Gearing

scott_king

Hey Guys

I am just about to get myself a new chain and sprocket and was wondering what you guys have been using? I have tried a few different ratios over the past few years 9-41, 9-43 and 10-43.

Any recommendations.

Thanks

Scott :popcorn:

Hey Guys

I am just about to get myself a new chain and sprocket and was wondering what you guys have been using? I have tried a few different ratios over the past few years 9-41, 9-43 and 10-43.

Any recommendations.

Thanks

Scott :popcorn:

9/41 or 10/43 for me . std is 10/41 which makes first a little too fast for me .

but its a personal thing , best advice i had was use a r1 chain , last longest.

I like 10/44 ... as said, it really is a personal preference. One thing I have done is gone for an x-ring chain this time. So far has been on for about a year of 2-3 weekly rides, about half in mud and haven't had to adjust chain tension since installing. I'm impressed.

Andrew

• 6 months later...

9-42 with narrow X ring chain is the best for me (old, mid level rider).

The Renthal R1 chain often recommended is a NON O ring chain and I gave up that lark years ago. Others have recommended X Ring chains and as far as I know that means DID, but what size if this 'narrow' X ring and from where can it be obtained and likewise the sprockets?