ouch ! off again...

myzeneye

gonna hit the physio sessions heavily, providing they dont advise surgery on tuesdays appointment....

I sense your frustration but it's gonna take time....If it is rotator cuff physio you're talking about then you simply can't go 'heavy' on it...the exercises involved are for stimulating very minor ligaments/muscles and it is very easy to overdo it and set back your recoup time.

This is how I got my injury (too stupid to tap out early ! :dunce: )...

This is how it's treated..

excellent...cheers for them vids...was that you in the demo ? ive got a sheet of excersises from the hospital and i will try them ones off the vid when i get a bit more strength back in it.... it feels better every day now, im sure some repairing has taken place... :thumbup:

early days yet tho... but perhaps not quite as bad as i originally thought...

but for anyone reading this who thinks theres been some malingering and whining going on, let me tell you, this injury is a seriously painfull one...

No,n,n,n,no, the geezer rolling in the black gi (canvas pyjamas)is a professional(hear what he says about weak points in the shoulder),I do it to keep fit :rotfl: .

I roll no gi :blink: .I'd post up a vid but it looks a bit homo-erotic and I don't want to get the Scotchish people aroused...it's not fair on the sheep :ph34r:

Edited by HAM2

guess we're all carrying battle scars from our relationship with all things two wheeled....

shoulders feeling much better, still far from right, but i have alot more movement back...i did think it was compleltly buggered for a minute :blink:

gonna hit the physio sessions heavily, providing they dont advise surgery on tuesdays appointment....

would you adavise staying off the bike as part of the healing process or to continue but take things easy....?

im guessing i can take things slow and steady.....right ? :unsure: total abstinance would kill me... :wacko:

I think you want to use reasonable care on this to let things heal and not overdoo anything. Do your minor stretches and such, but let the inflamation subside. Seems if one goes too long, as in a sling for weeks, the damn thinge will lock up on you!

I have never found reason not to ride a bit unless it is too painful. As a relative newby to trials, you can always practice using good style by steering with the feet and no weight on hands and arms while staying centered.

well, went to the hozzy today...no surgery required... :icon_salut:

he told me the name of a muscle id torn (which ive forgot) and said it was the one which keeps the ball in the socket joint...that as well as ligaments torn...

set me some excersises and sent me packing....

got home, did a little bit and guess what happened..... thats right, shoulder dislocated again...knocked me proper sick.luckily it was out and back in before i knew it, but it took ten mins of sittin on the garden wall to get my act together......

back to square one again....

slowly does it.... think ill have to pass on the gentle ride out i had planned.... it was doin so well as well.... :rolleyes:

well, went to the hozzy today...no surgery required... :icon_salut:

he told me the name of a muscle id torn (which ive forgot) and said it was the one which keeps the ball in the socket joint...that as well as ligaments torn...

set me some excersises and sent me packing....

got home, did a little bit and guess what happened..... thats right, shoulder dislocated again...knocked me proper sick.luckily it was out and back in before i knew it, but it took ten mins of sittin on the garden wall to get my act together......

back to square one again....

slowly does it.... think ill have to pass on the gentle ride out i had planned.... it was doin so well as well.... :rolleyes:

Hehe, yea, sush as my right one! You gotta let the muscle heal, as the ligament is stretched!

Hurts like hell dunnit! :rolleyes:

And you must totally give up that odd feeling in the gut whilst climbing ropes!, as it'l just rip it out again! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

your both right....hammy ,i should have listened .... :crying: copemech, if you got the same problem then you'l know just how painfull it is..hahhaha when it does pop out and tear more muslce its proper rank. hahhaha

the strange thing is, today after this second dislcoation, it does feel alot better. :rolleyes: ..that tells me despite the xray showing it sat right in the ball and socket it must have been a bit askew... i have got alot more,pain free movment in it today.....they did say the end of the collar bone looked out of place too.....perhaps its set itself back in its proper palce this time.....who knows...hahaha not gonna chance another pop out tho cos its horrid so ill just take it easy for a few weeks.... might go for a putt round at the weekend tho...a friend has a new bike (new rider) and he's keen to get out...ill just tag along and bimble round to keep my hand in and make sure he's ok....

cheers for you support guys....

copey, it wont be long till im back on the bike, breaking it and asking stupid questions again......hahahah....stand by your beds. :icon_salut: