ouch ! off again...

myzeneye

had a good off today, managed to tear the ligaments in my shoulder........

:rolleyes:

wasnt anything major, just lost the back end on a slow turn up a hill and when i went to take a dab, there was no ground beneath my foot....... inevitably i went over and came down over the bike down hill landing on my shoulder...

i felt/heard a quite loud crack and was convinced i had fractured it (again)... after a few minutes of cold sweats and cursed words i got my mate to get my bike on level groung so i could ride it back to the car...

went the hozzy and had an xray and thankfully its not broken/fractured... but, the ligamants and muscle are torn...

i can tell you, ive had a fair few serious fractures in the past few years (bloody road bikes...well car drivers to be fair) and i can tell you, this muscle/ligamnets damage is far more painfull then any fracture ive had...( includeing a shattered femur !!!!!!!1

are well, i hope it mends well and doesnt leave me with one of them niggling injuries that never goes away...

30-500mg co codamols and ibrupropen arnt even touching it........

are well, gotta go the beavers lads and dads day tomorrow with my lad.... a promise is a promise... :blink:

To Graham, nothing worse than a highside crash. Tried a new `line ` to clean a section at the 2002 Texas national. Landed head first into a rock which broke my helmet in two places. I spun around and caught my 2001 rev 3 with my hands and feet straight up, bike never hit the ground. A friend saw the crash and purchased the bike later in the day. He was not concerned since all the damage was to my body.

Good luck with the shoulder. Six months after the above mentioned crash, I was out practising hard on my birthday and took out my ACL. Just gotta love this sport.

By the way ,kept the helmet best trophy ever!!

thanks guys..

yes. hahah "the downhill dab..". good description of this horrible occurence...its that split second when you realise the floor is an extra two and a half foot away from were you thought youd left it, thats when the "oh bugger!" feeling kicks right in......

today, it feels worse... doesnt hekp that ive been out all day in the rain with my lad at his beavers day out...hhaaha

home now, on drugs and talking broken busciuts...hahahah

legionair, i would deffo agree, ive broken just about everybone in my body on bikes over the years and the pain from this ligaments damage far eceeds that of any fracture ive had.... i guess once a fractures been imobilised it feels much better,,, this thing, the muscle keeps jumpin around of its own accord and pulling at the joint/ligaments etc and sending me through the bloody ceiling everytime it does.!

i hope its a quick recovery.... :(

oh dear.. ive been back the hozzy.... whats a rotor cusp ? cos mines buggered........... gotta go to a clinic on tuesday for assesment to see if surgery is required..... this is bad, couldnt have come at a worse time.

after all my horrendous injuries form road bikes i thought id stay away from cars/roads etc and just go back to my trusty trials to keep my bike bug staisfied....trouble is, i dont bounce quite as well as i used to it seems.....

i seriously hope i dont have to give this hobby a rethink , im back into it agin and loving it but if this shoulder needs any major kind of looking at such as surgery and prolonged physio etc... i dont know if i could chance any more falling offs............. <_<

seroisly, i just break so easily now it seems...... gutted isnt in it...got alot to think about............ :mellow:

Patience m' laddo..

I only 'strained' my rotator cuff a while ago and it took ages to sort out. :(

well youll know how bad this feels mate...hahahha ive severed the ligaments complelty. my arm just doesnt seem to work at all :blink:

as i said, my falling off was no more then tripping over :blush: i supose when your held together with nuts and bolts and 10 or so years older then you actually think you are...well, a rude awakening like this is not good...

early days yes, and if it will fix proper, who knows?

the question playing on my mind is, when i climb back on again is any falling of at all gonna result in pain misery hospitals time off work etc etc etc ...worst of all, i reckon if this is in the back of my mind it could make me hesitant, which we all know is thats what makes you make mistakes and inevitably ,fall off ! hahahah

ham ,how long did your shoulder take to get back on track ?

I'm not getting any younger.

Re-coup' took about 6-9 Months :blink: ...it's still not 100% but I didn't want to be opened up so... ?!

It's not all negative though, some of the lads that I roll (Jui Jitsu/man-cuddling term :ph34r: )with have had very successful re-construction surgery.

Some of these JJ guys are gorillas but the rotator cuff is such a common injury to a femma' ligament that it could happen to anyone.

I'm not even sure if body-armour would have helped you...something that's been on my mind lately because of recent events.

Chin up old boy !( not the exercise :P )

Bad (and some) news mate.

Ligaments will never heal by themselves, unless you going to be under the knife.

BUT, and there is a big BUT, with correct exercise which reinforce the muscles on this specific area, you can live with a torn ligaments. Search for a specific "sport" physiotherapist and he will know what to do with you.

I have, after more than 25 years riding, bad ligaments on both shoulders and both knees. Never been operated and still walking straight and riding twice a week! :guinness:

cheers for the encouragment folks.... it seems to be getting fractionally easier to put up with this last couple of days...

surgery, well, if that will give a decent/better repair i have no problem with it, ive had lloooaaadddsss of orthapedic bone smashing,hammering,reeming etc etc operations.... seriously, loads. :blink:

but if its a case of natures course giving a better result well, obviously theres some merit in that...

ive come to the conclusion that i could had fell on this shoulder any number of ways, the fact i was on a bike is irelavent (try telling the missus that who has sat by my side through man a dark day due to dopes in cars and road bikes....)but, yes, if id have tripped over the dogs bone which he leaves lying round or slipped and fell etc etc...if i landed on this already mangled shoulder id have done this injury, no question.

the descision to make is do i continue to ride knowing if i fall my bones are shot and i break quite easily....or, live life wrapped in cotton wool......

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

dont think so.. :banana2:

just gonna have to takes thing reaaaall easy....who knows, it might improve my scores...hahahha

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Bad (and some) news mate.

Ligaments will never heal by themselves, unless you going to be under the knife.

BUT, and there is a big BUT, with correct exercise which reinforce the muscles on this specific area, you can live with a torn ligaments. Search for a specific "sport" physiotherapist and he will know what to do with you.

I have, after more than 25 years riding, bad ligaments on both shoulders and both knees. Never been operated and still walking straight and riding twice a week! :guinness:

I am kinda like MexMex and agree. Shoulders are a real bitch, though. Very complex joint as well. I think my big problem right now is I have some bone spurrs in the right shoulder, so if i overdoo things, it gets really inflamed. Feels rough too! Yet I will live with it for as long as possible.

I am kinda like MexMex and agree. Shoulders are a real bitch, though. Very complex joint as well. I think my big problem right now is I have some bone spurrs in the right shoulder, so if i overdoo things, it gets really inflamed. Feels rough too! Yet I will live with it for as long as possible.

guess we're all carrying battle scars from our relationship with all things two wheeled....

shoulders feeling much better, still far from right, but i have alot more movement back...i did think it was compleltly buggered for a minute :blink:

gonna hit the physio sessions heavily, providing they dont advise surgery on tuesdays appointment....

would you adavise staying off the bike as part of the healing process or to continue but take things easy....?

im guessing i can take things slow and steady.....right ? :unsure: total abstinance would kill me... :wacko: