Evo 300 4t issues.....

betabob

Jsp - I was having similar probs as you but have moved the needle valve as per NZRalphy's instructions mentioned earlier (cheers Ralph ) now seems to rev out cleanly ( in garage ) hope to ride mid week and fingers crossed I hope it should rev nicely under load ??

Update : been out for 3 hours tonight bike revs out perfectly lots of big hill climbs no issues at all seems to have more mid range and top end power and just seems to generally run better so thanks again Ralphy and would suggest to anyone else to alter the needle valve as per Ralphy's instructions :-)

Update : been out for 3 hours tonight bike revs out perfectly lots of big hill climbs no issues at all seems to have more mid range and top end power and just seems to generally run better so thanks again Ralphy and would suggest to anyone else to alter the needle valve as per Ralphy's instructions :-)

I thought I had posted this in every "4T Carb Issues" thread, but I guess I missed this one.

These are the starting points for GREAT performance:

Pilot jet: 22.5

Main jet: 130 to 135

Air screw: 2 3/8 turns out

Needle clip: 2nd slot down from the top (thick washer below clip and thin washer above)

Once done to my Beta 4T, the difference was literally night and day.

check the electric fuel tap if it has one take it off check filter and flow from tank then put 12v to fuel tap and see if its working ,i binned mine and put in an inline one n it sorted it ,also when running bike to see how it runs always refit mudguard and airbox lid as wont run right without it