Cota 200 - Help Needed 2

glenn

• 1 month later...

VintageCota,

So, that means that I should be putting in 900cc instead of 600cc? That seems like a HUGE change. Do you know what prompted them to revise the suggested amount of oil?

Thanks.

The service advisory for the 200 that increased the recommended gearbox oil from 600cc to 900cc got me thinking. Was there a similar increase in the recommended oil for the 349 gearbox? My 349 manual says 300cc for the clutch and 300cc for the gearbox. Were these suggested amounts for the 349 later increased? Or are they still correct?

Thanks VintageCota and Brian. For the 200, it was my first oil change (I just got the bike) and I added 900 (thanks to you guys). As for the 349, I double-checked my manual and it really did say 300 and 300 in my particular manual. Strange. Thanks for the feedback. The more information that I can gather, the better.

OK, all these manual changes, additions, and updates have me wondering about the latest and greatest on my bike.

What are the recommended fluid weights and volume for the gearbox and clutch on a 1974 Cota 247?