rear wheel nut

bondy

hi guys where can i get the rear wheel nut from the nut with slits in it so you can get the split pin in the spindel. ive got a new nut off bulaco uk but its not the one bultacos used to have i hope i can get one from some where can anybody help me please

hi guys where can i get the rear wheel nut from the nut with slits in it so you can get the split pin in the spindel. ive got a new nut off bulaco uk but its not the one bultacos used to have i hope i can get one from some where can anybody help me please

There might be resources in the UK too, I get my bolts and nuts from them:

bolts, nuts, ...

Here are the nut spec's where you can compare to your needs.

spec's

Try this ressource in the UK ???:

nuts shop

They look at least like castle nuts, but

- no information of the strength of the used steel,

(you get nuts in strength from 4.6, 5.6, 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9, you need at least 8.8)

- no good information about the threads, (should be a fine thread! (Feingewinde Typ M)).

Are you sure its got the right spindle fitted Chris ????? Bultaco UK know whats what . I think Chris your lacking a lot of knowledge in a lot of area's , and need someone locally to guide you through basic bike maintenance , but its only my opinion ....Keep drinking the stella's Chris

Are you sure its got the right spindle fitted Chris ????? Bultaco UK know whats what . I think Chris your lacking a lot of knowledge in a lot of area's , and need someone locally to guide you through basic bike maintenance , but its only my opinion ....Keep drinking the stella's Chris

Even if the diameter of the nut thread matches to the thread of the axle. The thread pitch or lead has to match too. And it is not easy to determine the thread of a nut without a thread gauge. May be Bondy should call them (Bultaco UK) up and tell them his problem, may be he got the wrong nut and he can exchange the nut against one that fit.

Edited by PSchrauber

hi keith im still learning got to keep chiping away. i askt bultaco uk they didnt know about these nuts may be your right i may have the wrong spindel did the late bultacos not have the castle nunt. the only bultacos i grow up with was the older ones

keith ive had i slight pinging noise coming from the clutch case side ive fited new clutch and the bike hasnt had a good run seems to stop when the clutch is pulled in bultaco said its probely the plats didnt make this noise when i first got it so may be the plats just need beding in?

Hello again Chris , i'm not sure about the pinging , i just fit things and forget because there's no problem with them . I'm not pulling you too bits , but you may need somebody local who as better knowledge with bikes , if i lived nearby i would help ....Keith

Hello again Chris , i'm not sure about the pinging , i just fit things and forget because there's no problem with them . I'm not pulling you too bits , but you may need somebody local who as better knowledge with bikes , if i lived nearby i would help ....Keith

keith thanks for the offer but i just need some addvice the bike is runing fine now since i fited a new makuni carb im going to take the clutch cover off. and check dont think its major i hope thanks again keith try .and be abit kinder next time please ive done a good job i think off restoring my sherpa affter all it was my first one cheers chris :guinness:

To the "ping-ping noise" the frequency of the pings are linked to the rpm?

While assembling my the engine I replaced the flywheel weight on the clutch side

and mounted a lighter one. The lighter flywheel was NOS. The sprocket had some edges

so the primary chain did not fit well first. After grinding the adgesaway the chain

runs free and without any snappy noise while turning from hand.

Did you probably replaced your flywheel weight too? I would also take the clutch cover

off and take a deep second look. Would also turn the the engine by nad without plug to

see if there is no issue with the primary drive, very curios this "ping-ping noise"???

To the "ping-ping noise" the frequency of the pings are linked to the rpm?

While assembling my the engine I replaced the flywheel weight on the clutch side

and mounted a lighter one. The lighter flywheel was NOS. The sprocket had some edges

so the primary chain did not fit well first. After grinding the adgesaway the chain

runs free and without any snappy noise while turning from hand.

Did you probably replaced your flywheel weight too? I would also take the clutch cover

off and take a deep second look. Would also turn the the engine by nad without plug to

see if there is no issue with the primary drive, very curios this "ping-ping noise"???

hi i didnt change the fly wheel weight. the only thing i did chang was the old metel clutch plats for new fiber ones. the bike was runing ok when i firt got it a year ago. im hoping its nothing major just somthing simpel fingers crossed. ill have to take the clutch case off to have a good look. bultaco uk said it could just be the clutch plats its probely only had an hours run since i finished the rebuild. and allso it dosent make the noise when i pull the clutch in