Cooling Fan on a 2004 315R isnt working

thebleakness

A buddy of mine offered me his 2004 315R Lampkin edition to me for $1k. It's in fairly decent condition, runs great but the only problem we can see is that the cooling fan doesn't turn on. It spins freely, coolant level is full, all the wires seem to be in tact. It doesn't have a service manual however, is there one I can download somewhere? Any tips on what to check? Thanks for the help!

I don't know much about Montesa's but if you find the temperature switch (I'm guessing it will be in the top heater hose) and either join the wires or just short them with a screwdriver, the fan should start. If it does, it's probably the temperature switch at fault. If it doesn't, check for a fuse, broken wire or knackered fan motor.

Hope this helps,

Bruce.

A buddy of mine offered me his 2004 315R Lampkin edition to me for $1k. It's in fairly decent condition, runs great but the only problem we can see is that the cooling fan doesn't turn on. It spins freely, coolant level is full, all the wires seem to be in tact. It doesn't have a service manual however, is there one I can download somewhere? Any tips on what to check? Thanks for the help!

Sounds like a bargain reguardless! Any history on the bike? Not a lot around that year, which was the last year for the 2T!

I'm not too sure on it's history other than my friend owned it for a few years before selling it too his friend (ex Factory KTM and now JCR Honda rider David Kamo :D ) and then bought it back. It had recently (as in past few years since it hasn't been ridden much) gotten new tires, top end, bearing, chain and sprockets and among other things. Only bad part is that it doesn't have a title. My friend still has the original owners phone number though so we are going to figure out the deal there.

Here's a picture of it I took earlier after washing it:

SANY0780.jpg

I didn't have a chance to try anything with the fan earlier but I have all of tomorrow to do bike work. I really like riding it though!

Few of our bikes here have a title! As they are not road regestered at all!

Bike looks good!! You should find anything you need at www.lewisportusa.com You will need a thermo switch for the fan.

Missing a few stickers, but? :thumbup: Anyone got any more at that price?

Edited by copemech