Does the S3 "Stars" insert make difference

jandyb

Hi from Norway

Bought a 2011 280 Racing yesterday. Used by an expert for three months. Pretty beat up, but in good technical state I think.

Case is that the power in this beast kind of scares me. Does

the low compression insert for the S3 stars cylinder head make a noticable difference?

ST-GGdetalls3.JPG

Thanks

-Jan

Hello again

Post I was referring to was ...... Gear Oil "Gas Gas TXT250 - Somethings not right?"... which went a bit off topic

Jons comments may be of help and useful information.

Ironic that my "old faithful" has really soft usable power (but plenty of 'beans' when 'red lined' out) and that a mod is available for new ones to calm them down.. such is progress!

david

Hello again

Post I was referring to was ...... Gear Oil "Gas Gas TXT250 - Somethings not right?"... which went a bit off topic

Jons comments may be of help and useful information.

Ironic that my "old faithful" has really soft usable power (but plenty of 'beans' when 'red lined' out) and that a mod is available for new ones to calm them down.. such is progress!

david

Thanks. found and read. Useful info.

I see the irony in this too, but there are some explanation..

Until now I hav ridden a 06 125 pro Racing modyfied with a well worn 200 (167 ccm) barrel/piston from an older bike. This has been a perfect combination for me as the 200 delivers just the power I need for my almost 100kg.

When buying a new bike now is not to get more power, it is to get the benefits of a new bike. I would rather go for a 200, but GasGas dont make them no more. Second choice would be a 250, but for some reason the norwegian importer does not take them in resulting in no one available used.

And for last I got it redicoulus cheap.. (due to the beating I recon) it dont look well for being half a year old, but it rides like a beauty.

Well I will ride it as is for a while trying to get to know it better. If it doesnt work i think i will go for the low comp insert and maybe a slow throttle.

-Jan

Hi I have a 2011 280 Raga which has a low compression head insert and flywheel weight. I had these fitted from new on Steve Saunders recommendation and the bike is really great, with very controllable power while still having crisp throttle response. I never rode it standard but for a novice/clubman level rider it's great.

Hope this helps, cheers