Results - Eastern Centre

grahamjayzee

I've recently moved from the Cambridge area to Sudbury and am now lucky enough to enjoy a decent choice of excellent trials, many just a stone's throw from my house. It's quite refreshing to have new venues to ride and new faces to meet (and be beaten by...).

I do have a small issue, and wonder how others feel about this.

Before I start, I understand the difficulties in running trials and am grateful to all those that put their time into my sport. In addition, I am more than willing to help with the issue below...

Results: They take ages to be supplied.

It seems that the results of a trial are secondary to the event itself. I can understand this, but surely they are just a part of the whole? I personally look forward to receiving the results so I can re-live the event in my mind and start looking forward to the enxt event, and how I can put things right. If you have ridden another event before getting the results for the last, the old grey matter struggles to remember what actually happened!

I thought this may have just been me, but speaking to a friend at the weekend, he was still to recieve any results from mid-July!

Web and email should make this pretty easy, and as I said above, I am happy to help. I would be glad to take results sheets and collate them. I would also be glad to assist in web uploading. (Braintree MCC, I did offer! It's still on the table!).

Am I alone with this?

Graham

Hi Graham,

I'm quite sure you're not alone on this subject and I fully understand the anxiety of waiting to see if you've dabbed less than your mate so he can buy you a pint (or whatever). The reasons for length of time it takes to get the results published are dependant on the club and whoever has the rather daunting task of sorting out all the punchcards? So I suppose there's no real answer for any delays on a whole apart from the fact that the majority of people who carry out the task are volunteers and have their own lives to live and jobs to do? I'm quite sure if you offer your services to help you won't be turned away?

Personally I tend not to dwell on my scores too much, good days, bad days etc. I'll run through the trial in my head that night and try and pick up on where I went wrong but come Monday morning I'm more interested in looking forward to the next one so I can try and do better!

End of lunch break.......

GJ :wacko:

The OCD kicks in when the job isn't closed out...

Fair comment Graham but you can't really close it out until the end of the year (where I normally find myself at the bottom somewhere). Why put pressure on yourself (or others)? Chill out and enjoy :stoned:

GJ :wacko: