beta 4t or sherco 290?

nath15804

Hi,

im currently riding a 09 sherco 290 2 stroke, i cant really complain about the bike but have seen a 4 stroke beta, the problem is the beta is an 07, just wondering if anyone can help me. Im just wondering what people think of the beta and would it be a down step to sell the sherco and get the beta?

cheers

You gotta try the bike first to see if its right for you. Personally the 4 stroke would be my preferance but we are all different.

Or, see if you can blag a ride on one at a trial - remember people tinker with the gearing on the 4 strokes (dropping a tooth on the front sprocket for example) so take this into consideration. Try it on the slippy stuff for a massive grin when you find the grippability they have ! (Steady throttle - dont blip it !)

As for the Beta as a bike, as with all modern trials irons - so long as its been looked after it'll be fine - they are a good reliable bike with excellent spares avalibility should you need it. :-)

Cheers

GAW

Hi i have recently returned to trials after a long break, and thought that the more power the better so bought a Sherco 290, have been using it for about a year but have found the power to be very intimidating after having several trips off the back, I tried a Beta Evo4T and liked it and have now bought one, done 2 trials on it now and it is a lot easier to ride for an old duffer like me, hope this opinion is helpful.

Edited by Keithns

Hi i have recently returned to trials after a long break, and thought that the more power the better so bought a Sherco 290, have been using it for about a year but have found the power to be very intimidating after having several trips off the back, I tried a Beta Evo4T and liked it and have now bought one, done 2 trials on it now and it is a lot easier to ride for an old duffer like me, hope this opinion is helpful.

Hi, thanks for the replys. well when i bought the sherco i put a slow action throttle on it as the quick was was a bit too feisty for me, so maybe the 4t is a better option with a better power delivery.

Hi, thanks for the replys. well when i bought the sherco i put a slow action throttle on it as the quick was was a bit too feisty for me, so maybe the 4t is a better option with a better power delivery.

I have had the rev3 4T, and now the evo... and very happy with them!

I was warned for the '07 beta, as being a kind of prototype. And a '08 would be a better choice, although mine wasn't such a good starter!

Some people love 4stroke, other never get used to it... Only one way to find out!