199 or 199A?

jaumetgn

I'm going for a vintage Sherpa, and I have two oportunities.

Does anybody know what model ara this two bikes??

314ED842A6264E5CDA6D254E5CDA6C.jpg

184ED3F33E244E666D68204E666D64.jpg

There are not the same, but I'm not capable to know if they are 199, or 199A. Or what model are both ??

I'll apreciate your help.

Thank you.

They both look like M199 to me. One has earlier model sidecovers and the other has left side braking - both are common mods to M199 and M198.

Neither is M199A because they are both missing the swingarm gusseting of the 199A and both have frame tubes under the motor.

Edited by feetupfun

They both look 199, not 199A as they dont have the frame cut underneath the engine and the alloy protection.

The second one has the frame cut in the rear just behind the seat and a older version air filter (in fact this older ones work better than the new ones, I even have one in my 198 model). This second one could even be an older model modified.

To be sure just check engine and frame numbers, the last 3 numbers will thell you which model they are.

The first one looks pretty original, and the tubes under the engine are not so smashed as in the second one. Aniway I am sure both are very good trials machines.

Edited by Greeves