Pre 65 Scottish rules

andy m

Those frame rules are still a bit vague.

They don't mention oil in frame or having a seperate bashplate under the engine in replacement of frame tubes - both of these are points of contention, depending on the make of bike

Hi Guy's.

Was Yogurt invented in 1964 or late in 1965, this is a sour note I know where milk is concerned, and once spilt you can never get it back. Is Reynolds 531, and T45 a name you use on expensive frames, when you know they are made from at the best CDS tube, and does it matter if the frame does the job. Was Rome built in a day? I don't think so! Is the Scottish two day trial rules ever likely to be fair to most people.? Dont be silly all of your life!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :D :D :D :D

Regards Charlie.

Plenty of 4 speed Bantams are used in the trial - I guess you could argue that early 4 speed engines are visually the same as the last 3 speed. But they weren't available pre65 so by the rules, they shouldn't be allowed.

Bantams were also in the trial which had the bottom frame tube removed and fitted with a seperate bashplate which also contravenes the 'frame must be of Pre65 design only'.

Plenty of 4 speed Bantams are used in the trial - I guess you could argue that early 4 speed engines are visually the same as the last 3 speed. But they weren't available pre65 so by the rules, they shouldn't be allowed.

Bantams were also in the trial which had the bottom frame tube removed and fitted with a seperate bashplate which also contravenes the 'frame must be of Pre65 design only'.

Are you sure Dave? I find that hard to believe after all the photos that are sent in and the bikes are all carefully scrutineered to ensure they all comply with the regulations in all respects as we all well know :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Are you sure Dave? I find that hard to believe after all the photos that are sent in and the bikes are all carefully scrutineered to ensure they all comply with the regulations in all respects as we all well know :thumbup:

Well, it does seem 'strange' - however, my only purpose in mentioning it is to illustrate how difficult it is (or impoosible) to answer Bo's question about what is acceptable, or deemed within the rules, if building a bike for the event.

My honest answer would be not to bother.