Gas Gas/Sherco/Beta 200cc? Help

monty_trials

Hi peeps.

Am about to get back into trials again for like the 10th time!! Been out of it 3 years or so. Been doing enduros with a WR 250f for the past year. So I have decided to sell and get yet another trials bike. Ive always had montesa 315r bikes, as you all know they are built like tanks and never let you down. But something is telling me to go for a 200cc rather than a 250 this time round. I always thought 250 can be a little too much for club man level. Ive also seen riders in the intermediate with them. I am just thinking the confidence level can be a bit better on a 200cc rather than a 250cc or higher. Ok I know its each to their own here. But for a 200cc what should I buy? Was thinking a Gas Gas, possibly a Sherco??? As are they similar to ride???? Thinking of going for the

Historically, the Beta has been the only true 200, at about 199cc. Smooth aith good torque seems not much on the top. Has some real guts to it!

Gasser (Pro) is like 173cc and does well, probably a bit more peppy on top, good runner!

Sherco smooth throughout, bet seemed a bit lacking at 163 or so cc. Same for old TXT gassers.

Problem with all this is you cannot get the lazy mans torque(315 Mont) out of the lot! No replacement for displacement! :thumbup:

I've had a 200 rev 3 and Evo. I thought both were great bikes but IMO the Evo was better. Just sold my evo and they are a bit of an oddity in as much as not many people want them but there are not many about to choose from for the ones that want them. I only had 2 calls when I sold mine but the first call bought it without even seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...