Road use what horn ?

smalley250

Ive got a number plate and wonder does anyone bother with a horn for the road use. My bike has not got one or any wiring as i can see for one, so what do you use if any thing. PS ive a big mouth maybe a "move the f*%k out the way" may suffice.

yes you will need a electric horn that makes a continuous noise you can no longer use a bulb horn

You must have a horn to be road legal and strictly speaking it should be a continuous tone.

Battery powered ones are available but surprisingly hard to find.

I wired up a cheap motorcycle horn (from ebay) to my redundant headlight wires. When I turn the light switch to on, the horn sounds. (I do only use this for MOT's as I don't ride on the road very often!)

You must have a horn to be road legal and strictly speaking it should be a continuous tone.

Battery powered ones are available but surprisingly hard to find.

I wired up a cheap motorcycle horn (from ebay) to my redundant headlight wires. When I turn the light switch to on, the horn sounds. (I do only use this for MOT's as I don't ride on the road very often!)

I am told that Halfords sell the battery powered continuous horns :thumbup: