SSDT Centenary Collectables

highland lassie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DVD and Book arrived today in Vernon BC - A Big thanks to Mairi for making the transaction easy for the old guy.

Great pics in the book including one of our young buddy Harry McKay - and the DVD has some really neat footage - Every Scottish enthusiast should have these in their library.

Wow.

Just got my book and DVD today. They are absolutely amazing. The DVD is outstanding and not only about the SSDT (which it covers extremely well, as you would expect) but about the people involved. The interviews are great and something I'll want to watch over and over.

The book has a fantastic collection of photos and history but this is not just a book from one editor's point of view. There are a wide range of contributors and their personal touch is what helps the book reflect the true essence of the Scottish. I've only had a little time to look through it but its obvious that I'll spend many enjoyable hours with it in the future. Kudos to everyone involved in this effort!

Jon

ps. Thanks again for your help, Mairi. You're the greatest!

Well, after viewing "Six Days in May" a couple of times, I would say it is to The Scottish in the vein that "On Any Sunday" was to U.S. motorcycle racing. In fact, if you squint your eyes and use your imagination, Big John really does look like a mature Steve McQueen.....:)

Jon

Well, after viewing "Six Days in May" a couple of times, I would say it is to The Scottish in the vein that "On Any Sunday" was to U.S. motorcycle racing. In fact, if you squint your eyes and use your imagination, Big John really does look like a mature Steve McQueen.....:)

Jon

I like the description "mature" ha ha!

:thumbup:

Big John

Got mine and agree it is excellent! :thumbup:

I will also mention the fact that if you have not got the one from John "Bigfoot" Hird, you are missing out!

Some really nice camera work from him this year, nice blend of music too!

Much more detail of the sections, as I am starting to feel I almost know all the rocks in many due to this! And also know not to attempt it!

Found the snippit at the end! He needs to put the "PG" or "Mature" rating on, a bit of surprise!

"I like the description "mature" ha ha!" :thumbup: