Peugeot Expert

stuessenhigh

Hi all,

A mate of mine reckons his Peugeot Expert van would be good for trials.

Anyone using one??....'cause I might be on the look out for a van in the near future.

Anyone know if you could fit one/two/NO trials bikes in this van??...looks big enough to me, but would appreciate any info.

Cheers in advance for any help :ph34r:

Guest coflet

Used to have a Citroen dispatch cracking van, you could easily get 2 bikes in the back of it ,if you buy one make sure it has a turbo as the standard one is completely gutless, the slowest van in the world. :ph34r:

A mate of mine reckons his Peugeot Expert van would be good for trials.

i know i'm pretty new to all this, and at the trials i've done so far there haven't seemed to be any real 'scrutineering' type checks, but do you think you'd get away with using a van? surely it would get stuck in the river sections?

:ph34r:

My bro-in-law who's my riding partner has a peugeot partner - which is the smaller brother of the expert. we can fit his ty and my gasser in it at a push, but it will accept either bike on its own with ease.

So going on that, i would think the expert would swallow 2 bikes easily, and i'd think would cope with 3 as well.

to echo cof, get a turbo one though, cos the non-turbo ones are slugs!

Edited by Ginger_Ninja54

Used to have a Citroen dispatch cracking van, you could easily get 2 bikes in the back of it ,if you buy one make sure it has a turbo as the standard one is completely gutless, the slowest van in the world.

Not wishing to cause an argument here Coflet, but, I've owned a Vauxhall Combo and even in white it was undoubtedly the slowest van in world!! :ph34r:

On a more serious note I think the Citreon Dispatch/Peugeot Expert/Fiat ???? is an excellent choice for carrying bikes, as it's the ideal compromise between a car and full sized van.

Edited by Hughesy

Ginger that was a real witty reply :ph34r:

We have a Citroen Despatch which is spot on for what we need. I can drive it just like a car during the week and at week-ends we have a variety of options........

1. As (up to) a six seater with loads of luggage space and three bikes on the trailer

2. As a four seater with 3 bikes (2 in the van and another on the bike rack) and enough space for luggage

3. As a three seater with 3 bikes in the van and not much luggage space

4. Any other combination of the above???

I have fiited 3 single rear seats which slide in and out on tracks so can be removed in less than 2 minutes each.

It is fairly well carpeted out in the back which has helped reduce noise levels dramatically and the next project will be to introduce some high shelves to increase load space.

Does anyone have any other interesting ideas on what can be done to these vans.

eg. Can you get hold of small awnings to fit the side or back, which would be useful to camp in during the better weather months?

Guest coflet

Note for Hughsey i can assure you that having driven 20,000 miles in the dispatch it was definitely the slowest, The Vauxhall Combo being the height of luxury putting Rolls Royce to shame and in the same league as Ferrari for speed :ph34r:

Oh ye who are too young or have short memories.

The SLOWWWWWEST van on this planet was the British Leyland Sherpa, aerodynamics of a breeze block.

Silly me once bought an ex BT one with a HUGE box on the back, 40MPH, downhill (STEEP) with a following 70MPH wind. Had to be coaxed up any gradient steeper than 1:50

Along come Daf and think they can hoodwink us into buying the "sport" model.

ENTER the LDV PILOT.

Pilot, where did they get that from?

Maybe in the translation from Dutch the letters PIL "e" O "f" "shi" T went astray.

Superb switchgear from the long dead Maestro van, engine just long dead and aerodynamics of a slightly rounded at the corners breeze block. Gearbox off Caesars chariot. Windscreen resurected from some of the titanics portholes that were no longer required, some even have the new valve type wireless fitted.

By the way Caesar also donated his spare springs for BL/LDV to copy as he was updating his to monoleaf parabolics just over 2K years before.

If you have wide shoulders the only way to get comfortable is to have the bl**dy window open, winter, or summer.

Always somewhere to rest your knees tho, as they are always touching each other and the door and centre console. NO ESCAPE.

Cheap on clutches as you cant lift your leg to use it so get reet good at slick gearchanging.

Having spewed all that I have had 3 of them CHEAP to run, cheap to fix and maintain, cheap to buy, ya can only sell em cheap, you can fix 99% yourself with a basic minimum of mechanical knowledge (as much as the designer had) and they go for ever & ever, even if it takes you for ever to get there

:ph34r:

Thanks guys..

just one more question...but I guess its obvious, since someone said you can get 3 bikes in.

Will the Peugeot Expert or Citroen Dispatch, take the bikes in straight, or do you have to put them in diagonally...(ie is it long enough!!)

Cheers :ph34r:

Guest coflet

The only way your gonna get more than 2 bikes in the SLOWEST VAN IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is to take them to bits and transport them in boxes (probably get about 30 bikes in). :ph34r:

Guest coflet

Big John i could not afford a turbo just had the ordinary SLOW ONE. but have recently gone up in the world with a new turbo transit i can stand up in this one :ph34r: