Trials Bikes How Fast Will They Go?

physco

I've had my sherco 290 up to 60mph with standard gearing, while riding alongside my mates car. I would think it would go to around 90mph with a different gear setup, but I would want to be the one to try it out. Trials bikes don't feel very safe at high speed! :ph34r:

I've had my sherco 290 up to 60mph with standard gearing, while riding alongside my mates car. I would think it would go to around 90mph with a different gear setup, but I would want to be the one to try it out. Trials bikes don't feel very safe at high speed! ;)

I would imagine that with your "sensitive" throttle your 290 would do about 160 mph :(

I've had a few TYZs and they'll do 80mph and a bit on standard gearing.

The Ossa MAR I had almost new back in the 70s would do 75mph absolutely flat. It would blow my 3 mates and their CB200 Hondas into the weeds in a drag race up to about 50 but then the long drop from 4th to 5th would kill the acceleration and they'd go past. It would keep up with my other mates CB400F to about 40mph too. It was great to go to school on after the Sherpa T I had was flat out at about 55mph.

320 Armstrong was pretty quick too although never actually clocked that to see what it would do.

Worst bike I ever had on the road was my 98 315 which sounded as though it was going to detonate to pieces on the road around the SSDT. It was awful.

I reckon I got my sherco 125, standard everything up to about 30/40 ish between sections with plenty of revs still to go. Never clocked it and probably never will though! (Any faster than that the ramblers and dog walkers that you hit make a nasty mess on the front mudguard!)

Pete.