How Long Till Two Stroke Are Banned!

james111089

I would imagine that 2 strokes will go the same way as pre 65 bikes .We will have loads of different classes

Has anyone actually thought what will happen to 80cc and 125cc  2 stroke classes the training ground for young up and coming riders where are these four strokes?, 2 stroke will be here forever. :ph34r:

Why is an 80cc or 125cc class any different to any other class? They make four strokes that small aswell, don't they?

Nope its bikes over 125cc which have to be four-stroke  :ph34r:

Who, when and where does it say over 125cc bikes are 4 stroke?

My point was that IF a fourstroke rule was enforced (I doubt it ever would be at less than FIM level) it could apply as easily to small bikes or bigger ones.

I can't see how the 2 strokes will get fazed out as they are far superior to the four strokes and meet all the admission requirements. It the day came the ever stopped making them, I'd buy a few new gasers and ride them for the rest of my trials riding days and still be on a superior machine in 20 years time!

I can't see how the 2 strokes will get fazed out as they are far superior to the four strokes and meet all the admission requirements. It the day came the ever stopped making them, I'd buy a few new gasers and ride them for the rest of my trials riding days and still be on a superior machine in 20 years time!

In what way are 2-stokes far superior to 4-strokes?

2-strokes dont meet emmsions requirements that why there being banned 2-strokes ARE dirtly compared to a 4-stokes and in 20 years time a gas gas pro will feel just as old and dated as a 1980's ty250 feels now.

As for what I said about only 2-strokes over 125 being banned I cant find anything to show you guys, I saw it in a bike magazine when the law was first passed so I may be wrong.

Edited by Trials Lad

The  current two stroke engines are better suited for trials than the four stroke, being more powerful, lighter, less complex, and cheaper to produce, as well as needing a lot less maintainance than equivalent four strokes, which may well become unreliable if not properly looked after!

Beyond all the four stroke hype, agreed.

Regards,

My point was that IF a fourstroke rule was enforced (I doubt it ever would be at less than FIM level) it could apply as easily to small bikes or bigger ones.

It would not make alot of differance if they just did it for FIM they would need to enforce it in every level of trials all the small clubs etc.

James

They who are "they".

James you are right to some extent 2 strokes would have to be banned per se not just trials so who would do the banning?

FIM I don't ride fim events and guess not many do

UEM possibly affects more

ACU go AMCA

AMCA

well me and the club members will have our own trials.

Basically 2 strokes will not, or rather could not be banned.

Now the government could ban them but why and how would it be enforced?

Europe could too and this could be possibly more of a threat,

This is just getting confusing now ;) I've heard somewhere that the FIM are setting rule with fuel injected 2 strokes? :(

Then theres all this going on with 4 stroke rule. What are Gas Gas doing. have they got anythin in the works or is it all hush hush :D:D

Spot on Ishy, the FIM desire to ban 2-strokes from world championship trials is not a worldwide governmental policy to ban 2-strokes outright. Neither can the FIM instruct the individual motorcycle governing bodies in each country to ban 2-strokes from competition outright. In the UK, the AMCA in particular would just raise 2 fingers I feel.

As I understand things, the attempts to ban 2-strokes in California, who seem to be at the forefront of the anti-stroker brigade, has stalled thankfully. I also can't see a company such as Yamaha investing as heavily as they have in producing new alloy framed YZ125 and 250 2-stroke motocross bikes if an outright worldwide governmental ban was looming. I'm sure they know more than we do.

Long may we continue to enjoy our sport on a mix of different brands and engine types. A lot of what makes competing so interesting and enjoyable is seeing the different bikes that everyone chooses to ride, particularly home-brew specials and the wonderful variety of classics around these days

In 2002 or 2003 FIM announced that in 2005 two-strokes would be restricted to under 250cc and in 2006 would be banned alltogether from world rounds. At the time the regulation was on their web site. I beleive that they have softened their position since then.

Here in California there isn't any state goverment rules to ban two-strokes. But there are emissions regs for off-road bikes two and four stroke. Bikes that don't meet them get a "red sticker" and can't be ridden on state or federal land during the summer. No current two-stroke meets the "green sticker" requirement but the technology is there to do so (i.e. Honda EXP-2 and CRM250) should the manufacturers wish.

I think we should all raise our 2 fingers, and ride what we wanna, when we wanna. The manufacturers make bikes for us, so if we want a 2 stroke, they will make a 2 stroke, and as regards the clubs-there would be no clubs without us, so they would have to let us ride.

i realise im gonna get a lots of comments dissagreeing with this, but its just how i feel at the moment, i may completley disagree tommorow.