TY200? Whitehawk? Majesty? Any Suggestions?

mattn10

Hello All,Please help if you can, have had this bike locked away in my mums garage for at least 15 years, swapped it for an air rifle then promptly did something else, always meant to get round to doing it up! What I remember of the original Transport for Arms transaction discussion, was the owner thought it was originally a Ty175 but was now 200cc, a whitehawk?, nickel/chrome frame,and oil pump removed and its now premix!

Any Help or hints etc would be gratefully received!!

Cheers

Matt

NSFullS.jpg

OSFullLowS.jpg

NudeNSS.jpg

The Whitehawk`s I remember from my youth had red tanks and plastics fitted. The frame was also chrome,looking at you pic the frame does not look like it`s chrome, Maybe it`s just a standard Ty that has been bored out to 200cc, that is just my recollections, I am sure .other people will have different views.

Could be a Sammy miller, tanks setup look's millerish, i think they did their own frames for the little TY back in the day. (I may well have imagined this)

What's the oldschool french TY site called, Majossy?

Edited by godzilla

Could be a Sammy miller, tanks setup look's millerish, i think they did their own frames for the little TY back in the day. (I may well have imagined this)

What's the oldschool french TY site called, Majossy?

It's ForumTY, very good, expecially dedicated to the TY, Majesty, Whitehawk and Rayer models.

Link: ForumTY

You might ask them too.

• 2 months later...

Almost certainly a Sammy Miller seat / tank unit. See mine here. You can also see the original position of the shocks. Good luck with it.

Just be a bit careful when buying any glass fibre tanks that they are ok for use with modern fuels as there are a LOT of people who have had problems with them "melting". Just trying to make you aware. :popcorn: