Levers

coxy

hi all

i have a 2010 gasser 300 and have snapped my brake lever. ive bought some replacement levers which are ok but feel a very different shape compared to the standard lever on the clutch side (feel more square than rounded across where the finger pulls the lever). ive seen the apico levers are available but was wondering is this the same shape as the original one that came on the bike or are they slightly different in shape like the replacement levers ive bought? as i prefer the original levers to my aftermarket replacement ones.

Cheers

hi al

i have a 2010 gasser 300 and have snapped my brake lever. ive bought some replacement levers which are ok but feel a very different shape compared to the standard lever on the clutch side (feel more square than rounded across where the finger pulls the lever). ive seen the apico levers are available but was wondering is this the same shape as the original one that came on the bike or are they slightly different in shape like the replacement levers ive bought? as i prefer the original levers to my aftermarket replacement ones.

Cheers

Get the file and the abrasive paper out?

I would rather just buy a new set of levers and keep the ones that ive bought as spares. I could ride with them if i had no others but prefer the levers which were standard as they are more comfortable to ride with.

I would rather just buy a new set of levers and keep the ones that ive bought as spares. I could ride with them if i had no others but prefer the levers which were standard as they are more comfortable to ride with.

All the levers Ive tried were alittle different than the AJP's.

I put on a set of Apico levers on both the clutch and brake. The clutch side feels slightly wider/thicker than the brake. I don't know if this is due to the forged construction? Both had a bit of a different feel than the AJP levers, but not enough as to not get used to them after 10 minutes of riding.

Thanks for the replies, i think im going to try some of the apico levers as ive done abit of digging around on the net and they seem to be the closest you can get to the original levers. The levers i bought are a completely different shape to the standard ones and are more square in profile rather than rounded where your finger pulls the lever. You would of thought that you could get the exact same levers as what is standard on the bike!

Thanks for the replies, i think im going to try some of the apico levers as ive done abit of digging around on the net and they seem to be the closest you can get to the original levers. The levers i bought are a completely different shape to the standard ones and are more square in profile rather than rounded where your finger pulls the lever. You would of thought that you could get the exact same levers as what is standard on the bike!

Did you get the S3 ones? They feel a bit squareish to me! :rolleyes:

Why not purchase an original replacement lever from a GasGas dealer of your choice ??? I have also noticed that some aftermarket levers, such as raceline, have the more squarish feel that you mentioned but also have a slightly different leverage ratio that seems to quicken the clutch action by narrowing the engagement range somewhat (at least when fitted on a Gas Gas pro). One of our top local riders actually prefers the aftermarket lever for this very reason.