How Long 2T

neo

Yes I know the Italians and French have done some "weird and wonderful" things like this in the past. My first Trials bike was a Fantic Section. RH but forward (instead of backward) kicking... I must admit I quite liked it at the time.

I understand that Beta riders (here) don't mind the LH Kickstart but it is something I've often heard "RH Kickstarter" riders say they don't like many times. My guess is that most Beta riders wouldn't really mind if Beta changed it to the RH either? ... I didn't hear anyone complaining about the RH Kickstart on the 4T when it came out. :rolleyes:

Best of balance.

Neo

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I have no problems with a lh kickstart, but don't mind which side it's on.

Edited by Doogle

You have lost me :wacko:

Ok, to make a short story long, some of us learned to ride shifting with our right foot (Bultaco in my case). When the world standardized shifting on the opposite side it was sometimes referred to as "wrong side shift" (opposite of right is wrong, get it?).

The point of my failed humor is that it seems silly to me to consider starter placement a major factor in selecting which bike to ride. It obviously is very important to you for whatever reason, so you should select accordingly.

Edited by motovita

There is one major advantage to the left side kick; when you stall the bike while decending, you can still activate the rear brake while restarting the engine.

Hmmm... I'm kinda seeing the light on this :rolleyes: ..... Does that mean my mind is getting stronger? :bouncy::rotfl:

Best of balance,

Neo

i'm on my first beta after never having a LH kick. it makes absolutely no difference to me... I can't imagine someone choosing to 'not' buy a bike just because of that.

+1 When i first started riding my Beta starting it felt somewhat awkward, but now that my left leg is trained i dont feel the left side kicker is awkward.

Edited by Liviob